By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who knew the N64 had so many colours and designs.

I didn't know they were that many, wow.
I have a see-through blue one.

Around the Network

I have the grayish-blackish one on the third column. =D

Wow, are they still NRFB? I only got the standard black one, heh.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

The Pikachu one is awful

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

I still have my launch N64 box, and I love it to death... so much win, best game console box ever!!!

Also have my original SNES launch box... ahhh, those were the days!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

I knew their were that many different colours and designs. This is why I have to wonder where is my green Wii. GameCube had a few colours too. Where is my black, Red, Green and so fourth. I wish Nintendo stayed the same colour enthuisiast company they used to be. Now when you look at consoles you get either a black console or a white console. No variety at all!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Colors were a marketing ploy to try to generate more interest in N64 and Gamecube and they didn't really work (releasing colors didn't move N64 ahead of PS1 or Gamecube ahead of PS2), so Nintendo might not consider releasing the Wii in tons of colors as something essential that they should do because they don't really need to to help Wii's sales.

I think I remember reading that after N64 that Nintendo had a surplus of colored plastic built up and that stuff isn't that great for the environment.

Except for the Gold one I knew about all of those

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi