By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - UPDATE: GT5 passes 10 million - Guess the lifetime sales for Uncharted 2, God Of War III and Gran Tursimo 5

ethomaz said:

TrevDaRev said:

Definitely, and there shall be continued growth next-gen.

Next-gen Uncharted, it'll be spectacular.

I expect a new ane even more spectacular franchise from ND in next gen... they always create a new franchise per generation.

Indeed they do, although I think next-gen will be the first time they make a game from a series they worked on during the previous gen. Uncharted has been way too commercially and critically successful for them not to be helming the next installment. Uncharted 4 has the potential to be huge, no way Sony would risk having anyone other than Naughty Dog making it.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

TrevDaRev said:

I expect a new ane even more spectacular franchise from ND in next gen... they always create a new franchise per generation.

Or 2, in the case of this generation.

With them having 2 teams... You can bet your balls that there will be a PS4 Uncharted. A fanbase of 5-6 Million wont be left alone, not when Uncharted games can be made every 2-3 Years!

One Uncharted team. One team for "other" projects like The Last Of Us/Whatever else they have planned.

Carl2291 said:

One Uncharted team. One team for "other" projects like The Last Of Us/Whatever else they have planned.

Well the Uncharted team (U1 and U2) is making The Last Of Us... the Uncharted 3 team is a new team.

You right... they can work with two or more teams.

PS. Nice avatar.

Vgchartz actually has all 3 games undertracked.

Uncharted: Naughty Dog said back in April that they shipped 17.3 million copies of Uncharted series. right now 9 months later, vgchartz has the sales for the Uncharted series at 17.1 million. so either sony still hasnt sold out of their shipment from 9 months ago or its undertracked. also it wasnt clear is ND was including Uncharted: Golden Abyss numbers, but if they werent vgc has uncharted even more undertracked.

God of War: back like six month ago, Santa Monica announced they shipped like 5.1 million copies of GOW3, right now over half a year later, VGC has it at like 4.5 million.

Gran Turismo: back in september Polyphony announced they shipped 9.1 million copies, as of right now VGC has it at like 8.6 million. so nearly 4 month later there are still a half a million games from that shipment on shelves according to vgc

killerzX said:
Vgchartz actually has all 3 games undertracked.

Uncharted: Naughty Dog said back in April that they shipped 17.3 million copies of Uncharted series. right now 9 months later, vgchartz has the sales for the Uncharted series at 17.1 million. so either sony still hasnt sold out of their shipment from 9 months ago or its undertracked. also it wasnt clear is ND was including Uncharted: Golden Abyss numbers, but if they werent vgc has uncharted even more undertracked.

God of War: back like six month ago, Santa Monica announced they shipped like 5.1 million copies of GOW3, right now over half a year later, VGC has it at like 4.5 million.

Gran Turismo: back in september Polyphony announced they shipped 9.1 million copies, as of right now VGC has it at like 8.6 million. so nearly 4 month later there are still a half a million games from that shipment on shelves according to vgc

That's expected only Halo games have sales in line (or maybe over) the Microsft PR.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Carl2291 said:

Well the Uncharted team (U1 and U2) is making The Last Of Us... the Uncharted 3 team is a new team.

You right... they can work with two or more teams.

PS. Nice avatar.

This is false mate. They help each other. Many worked on both UC3, UC2 & TLOU.

See these =

But yeah, they can make two games at once :D

JustThatGamer said:
JayWood2010 said:
susymar said:
Uncharted: 4 million
GoWIII: 2.5 million
GT5: 13 million (I'm serious)

Before the bitching: I think Uncharted will sell more than GoWIII because of the multiplayer Gears of War-esque.

Uncharted already outsells god of war

None of the Uncharted games would have come close to God of War III's sales if it wasn't for them being mass bundled for years and everyone knows it. The fact God of War III, a game with non-existent advertising outside of the US, released during a PS3 shortage, wasn't bundled for more than a couple of weeks AND doesn't have any multiplayer has gone on to sell roughly 5.6m+ units is a lot more impressive than any of the Uncharted games.

God of War is a far more popular series, just look at Google Trends or who has the most fans on Facebook fan groups and God of War >>>>>>> Uncharted. 

Awards, Reviews and Sales disagree with you :)

Sure though. The awards are payed, the reviewers are retarded and the sales are due to stupid consumers and bundles. And none of that applies to the game Y, just game X.

XD...

ethomaz said:

TrevDaRev said:

I think they broke that tradition when The Last of US was announce to be on PS3. And I'm happy they did.

Godchild1020 said:
ethomaz said:

TrevDaRev said:

I think they broke that tradition when The Last of US was announce to be on PS3. And I'm happy they did.

Yeah, although they will still make another franchise/game (not sure what direction TLOU will go depending on what they feel, how its recieved and what they envision) but there is not a chance in hell of them dropping Uncharted. Could be why they expanded. Sony needs the franchise :P

These sales estimate threads afford us a chance to put our own guesstimates forward knowing we can look back on them in the future and discuss the predictions both singularly and as a whole , So why is bundling continually brought up , Since game bundling is generally well known especially by those like us who use this site it can't be to inform us , maybe it's because they think we are forgetful and need to be continually reminded ,though why we would need to be reminded about an issue that even people that feel a need to bring it up say they don't care about I haven't the foggiest notion .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot