By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MS doesn't only steal games, songs too!

leo-j said:
This thread is not pathetic, clearly it is very impotant, notice how its already on page 9 (atleast for me)

Important? LOL, why? because another company has used a song on another product? wow! happens all the time, and I maybe wrong (going to check) but I think TMobile used this song on a TV advert in the UK a few months ago.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Squilliam said:
Its funny, I wonder how many people with B_E_L_I_E_V_E in their signatures will post in this thread. Its ironic really since its a slogan stolen from the Halo 3 advertisements.

...and Halo 3 'stole' it from nonsense forum banter that 'stole' from school playgrounds?

Away from that, the connect for free to XBL thing is very misleading.

While all the matter about the song is plain hilarious, IMVHO, this one about misleading advertising disturbs me a lot more. If I bought an XB360 believing it and discovered afterwards that online features important for gaming AREN'T free, I'd be utterly pissed off.

Just like I was pissed off by MS when it ate its words about Win 95 USB and AGP support, giving a decent and official one only from Win 98. To make things worse, when I needed to upgrade my HW, Win 98 wasn't available anymore and Win 2000 still lacked a lot of drivers, so I was forced to buy Win ME and use it for a while before upgrading to Win 2000, that after SP4 and together with XP after SP3 and DirectX since version 5 are the only MS products I really ever liked. Although I still buy some MS products when I need them, it was the last time I trusted MS about anything.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

micrsoft is the lowest company ever ... steal any and everything they can from sony

zaMy said:
micrsoft is the lowest company ever ... steal any and everything they can from sony

http://uk.playstation.com/psn/  

Hmmm.  This looks so much like another service that i've seen.

But really whats a hundred times more pathetic is people like you acting like this.  Company's are only in this to make money off of you and steal ideas of off other companies and people.  Sony steals everything from everyone, MS steals everything from everyone, And i'm sure Nintendo has stolen things, and ideas before.

But what makes this even more pathetic is that Sony doesn't even own the damn song, so MS didn't steal it from anybody.  And saying so is about as stupid as saying Sony steals Windows for their laptops, even though we all know they paid for windows fair and square.

Xoj said:
Squilliam said:
Xoj said:
kowenicki said:
......and sony stole it from my cd collection..... i might sue!

Get real people, its a tune like any other tune, Sony dont own it. Do people think those songs are original songs just for the game? lol.

PS. good album... go buy it.

actually they do, its from columbia records

which is owned by sony music.

You just pwned this thread, but perhaps not in the way you intended.

Sony sold Microsoft the right to use the jingle in this thread, therefore they themselves approve of its use. Microsoft just as much stole the tune as Sony stole Windows for their VAIO laptops.

or just think its free adverstising to Little big planet =)... making microsoft look silly.

sony didn't have to pay much to use the song since it's theirs, microsoft had to pay and it made unroar for LBP.

You obviously have no clue how music publishing works.  Just because a band is signed to a record label does not give the label ownership of the music and license to do with it as they please.  Unless they signed over their publishing rights to Sony (which would be stupid) and even then they would need to pay the band for permission to use their recording as this is the original track and not a cover.

Around the Network

^^
In the worst case you suggest, Sony already paid for the song anyway, and even if it's still paying a share on each copy of the game sold, it isn't paying a cent per copy more than before for it, while MS is paying now for the same song, increasing the public attention on a PS3 game for free. A different song, not so tied to LBP or any other PS3 exclusive, would have benefitted the products and services MS wanted to advertise without benefitting Sony as a side effect.
What retailers could do now, is showing LBP demos in their stores when they know MS' ad has been recently aired, having so free indirect, almost subliminal ad to supplement the direct one to sell LBP and LBP+PS3 bundles.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

It's a huge compliment for Sony that Microsoft are copying then. Obviously somebody at microsoft loved and felt threatened by their LBP marketing.

We'll see more of this type of thing as Sony turn the screw with the PS3.

As PSN becomes better and better MS are clearly feeling more conscious of charging for online play. The free in the advertising may be legally correct but they are treating people like idiots and it is deliberately misleading. No wonder they have rceived so many anti-competition fines.

I'd imagine subscribers to Live resent paying for it more and more with each passing renewal.

This thread is pathetic because console makers have been ripping off each other since the dawn of history. Only fanboys believe their own favorite toy-maker is always original and always working out new awesome ideas. I could give examples, but that'd be a waste. The only guys with the lowest ripping off/being ripped off ratio are nintendo and even them some of their most often touted examples of innovation are just lateral thinking on old ideas, like the analog stick.

I'd just say I'd like to know what agency has been making those ads for microsoft - gears 1, gears 2, lost odyssey... they all have the same feel and they are all great. The editing for the LO in particular is godly.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Best thread ever...

yo_john117 said:
zaMy said:

http://uk.playstation.com/psn/  

Hmmm.  This looks so much like another service that i've seen.

But really whats a hundred times more pathetic is people like you acting like this.  Company's are only in this to make money off of you and steal ideas of off other companies and people.  Sony steals everything from everyone, MS steals everything from everyone, And i'm sure Nintendo has stolen things, and ideas before.

But what makes this even more pathetic is that Sony doesn't even own the damn song, so MS didn't steal it from anybody.  And saying so is about as stupid as saying Sony steals Windows for their laptops, even though we all know they paid for windows fair and square.

I try telling people that MS has two plattforms..One even Sony makes games for....But I get ignored...