By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Perhaps Activision is trying to correct a wrong for the Wii.

If Infinity Ward really didn't like the Wii, they wouldn't have made the engine scaleable. They would have forced Treyarch to make another engine for WaW on the Wii or use the same engine for 3.

The fact is that if Call Of Duty 4 could have been on the Wii in 2007, it would have been. But the engine wasn't ready for it yet. It wasn't out of malice or dismissal of the Wii (unlike say , Resident Evil 5). It was that they just couldn't do it until now. IW didn't have the engine ready, and Treyarch needed to get used to the engine with WaW.

What about MW2? I don't know. Perhaps that will come next year as a dual release with the next Treyarch game. Or it could come as a dual release with the next IW game.

But Activision is not just throwing the Wii a great game later on. They are giving this game to the Wii when the finally can do so.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

agreed

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Actually I think this is brilliant on Activision's part.

Givne that the greater majority 80%+ of gamers don't know game related news. They just see ads and game displays in stores.

How many people will go in and see a Modern Warfare game on Wii PS360 and think they are the same since they launch on same day? I'm betting a lot of people will buy it not knowing it isn't the same game. Especially since Wii titles seem to almost always be titled differently anyways.

I do agree with some of what your saying. However i see this move as more of a cash cow for Activision. Minus the conduit what other FPS is out on the market? The conduit had low sales so the wii market is still craving a big name FPS. With no real opposition and releasing around the christmas season this is an easy money making plot for Activision.

Im still very happy to hear about COD4 being released on the wii. Its a good move for Activision and add's more games for Wii owners. However ill be kinda upset if they charge full price and the game doesnt have all the features the original COD4 had.

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

Hmmm...didn't think of that. Sounds like that could have be the reason.

Around the Network

I understand that the next big thing for PS360 owners in terms of FPS will be Modern Warfare 3 or cod7. (despite 360 owners having Halo's at their service but at this point I think the CoD series are stronger).

But Wii owners will have red steel 2, the grinder and lukily a new retro studios FPS maybe.

At least for me there's no need to be whinning for all the CoD's on the Wii. Even if modern warfare 2 get's released on the wii 2 years after the next treyarch CoD(7?) who cares?

There's other FPS to look at.

superchunk said:
Actually I think this is brilliant on Activision's part.

Givne that the greater majority 80%+ of gamers don't know game related news. They just see ads and game displays in stores.

How many people will go in and see a Modern Warfare game on Wii PS360 and think they are the same since they launch on same day? I'm betting a lot of people will buy it not knowing it isn't the same game. Especially since Wii titles seem to almost always be titled differently anyways.

Agreed. I think the titles will be called:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare wII

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II

Now guess which is the first iteration on Wii?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

RaptorGTA said:
I do agree with some of what your saying. However i see this move as more of a cash cow for Activision. Minus the conduit what other FPS is out on the market? The conduit had low sales so the wii market is still craving a big name FPS. With no real opposition and releasing around the christmas season this is an easy money making plot for Activision.

Im still very happy to hear about COD4 being released on the wii. Its a good move for Activision and add's more games for Wii owners. However ill be kinda upset if they charge full price and the game doesnt have all the features the original COD4 had.

Well of course it's for the money. That actually helps my argument, since the buzz this game was getting meant a Wii version back then would have sold millions (remember that 3 was still selling on par with the PS3 version, and then went past it). So Activision would sure as hell have gotten this out sooner, for all the money it would have gotten them.

But they still have at least a million with it now, perhaps more if this catches with the Wii audience the way it did on the HD systems.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I've no problem with it as long as they do a decent job. Not many people had a problem with RE4 after they had the chance to play it.

The #1 console gets all the games. It may take a few years, but they get there eventually.

RE4 made its way to PS2, minus some graphical goodness of course.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8