By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predictions: Metroid Prime Trilogy sales

I don't think 2 million lifetime is out of the question. It's a fantastic value selling to a larger userbase than Prime 3, so I think it can outperform that title. Then again, I am a bit of an optimist.

By first month, do you mean month of August or the first four weeks after launch?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

I own all three, and I'll be getting it. Be worth it just to have the two older GC games running on the Wii - and having all three in one disc is pretty cool.

Look at it this way - how many people own a Wii, but never owned a GC - and haven't considered getting the GC games?

Plus the 3 games for $50 must be a pretty good selling point!

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

It deserves like 10 million. As for expectations, I wouldn't be surprised to see LTD eclipse 1 million - This is the best deal I've ever heard within gaming, and I know for sure that I will recommend it to anyone and everyone who has a Wii.

I agree with him ^^^^ they have only had one review so far and that's from Official Nintendo magazine :). 94%

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

metroid prime is strangely just not a huge series. it will not top 1 million and probably top out at 500k.

Around the Network

400k is too low for Metroid. I'm predicting it will sell from 800k to a little over a million.

400k seems low, but only by a little. 600k or so. I would also bet that Nintendo only promotes this as much as the New Play Control games (as in, no major TV ad campaign, mostly limited to online advertising)

If Nintendo gives it a push, it could get up there, but i don't see the bulk of Metroid Prime 3 buyers paying for the same game twice

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Nintendogamer said:
I agree with him ^^^^ they have only had one review so far and that's from Official Nintendo magazine :). 94%

Since there's three games on the disc, that's technically a 282% score. Not bad, but I think they're being a little too critical.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

There's no way this will sell a million copies. I guarantee it.™

famousringo said:
Nintendogamer said:

Since there's three games on the disc, that's technically a 282% score. Not bad, but I think they're being a little too critical.

I assumed they have worked it out like this:

Metroid prime 1 = 96%

Metroid prime 2: Echoes = 92%

Metroid prime 3: Corruption = 94%

96 + 92 + 94 = 282

282/3 = 94%

pretty reasonable I think.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U