By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Double-tap the Z button on the nunchuck.

Around the Network

At least we"ll get to play Shadows of Lylat

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Star Fox Wii is without a doubt my most wanted announcement. I'd also like the ones you mentioned, as well as F-Zero Wii.

Since they first showed us the Wii I've ached for a Star Fox Wii-game, yet nothing. I still have faith we'll get one, but I'm growing impatient.

I don't care if it's Starfox, Pilotwings or Rogue Squadron, I just want a full game with Airsports controls.

3rd person airsports controls with an option to switch to 1st person pointer controls would be awesome.

LucasArts, Nintendo, whoever, just make the frikkin game already.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Star Fox is a game I think Nintendo could/should do once per console in a similar vein to SSB. Thanks to SF64 there is definitely an audience that wants to play such games on Nintendo consoles and the recent past suggests that it's a franchise they don't want to leave to die. With WM+ out, they should definitely have something going for SF. Considering the fact that the franchise has seen a release on every Nintendo system since the SNES (minus GBC) it really should be a shoe-in. I'm not the biggest SF fan myself, but I really hope they announce it soon. I'm a big Wiimote/MP+ fan, and I think pretty much every game is made better by he Wiis controls when they actually play to them, so I imagine a WM+ SF would be right up my alley even if the previous games weren't auto-buys.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Around the Network

Only if it returns to form like the SNES/N64 games. While I liked Star Fox Adventure it was not a true Star Fox game but assault and that DS game sucked.

If made for Wii as a back to form proper Star Fox game I prefer it used the wii remote/nunchuck.
Analog for classic navigation and the pointer for targeting.

I've been thinking about it, and I come up with the same conclusions... This control scheme reminds me too much of Sin & Punishment and kinds of games like that. Star Fox should have its own style, or at least keep its own style from before. :/

I'm too much of an old school SF fan I guess!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

The only news we had for Star Fox Wii is Shigero Miyamoto said "Wii controls would work well with an Arwing" and one of the developers said he has a little idea of how the game would be. But Star Fox does need to be put in the right hands for it to be a great game.

they should make star fox 64 ds kinda like wat they did with mario only expand the story and you get to play as peppy falco and slippy too

SHMUPGurus said:
Controls for an Arwing would be perfect, eh? I'm still not too sure about that. I think this is why we haven't seen a Star Fox yet. They're still deciding if they're going to take the motion control route or the traditional one. Honestly, I want them to take the traditional route.

But yeah, I want a Star Fox Wii as well along with F-Zero. Two of my favorite franchises!

Motion control would be fine. Wii Motion+ makes it very accurate.

There is no disputing that SIXAXIS <<< WiiMote <<< WiiMote& M+.

That being said, flying planes in Warhawk on PS3 is actually a pretty reliable control scheme (not hovering, but the actual flying mode). I use it over Dual Analog, but you have to fine-tune the sensitivities a bit, and get used to the recticule function you are given. My only complaint on that front is that L/R tilt is not a seperate tuing feature, and is still over-sensitive...

So, I see no reason why motion control w/ WM+ (Yet another game to pack it in with) wouldn't work. It makes perfect sense. Between WiiSports Resort, Red Steel 2, Grand Slam Tennis, Tiger Woods '09, and Star Fox Wii, Nintendo should be able to pust their peripheral to all audiences in their userbase, hopefully getting the overall purchase per Wii to 1:1, considering the average Wii owner only has 2 Wii Remotes.

They could always go the Mario Kart Wii/Super Smash Bros. Brawl route and let users use the Wiimote (WM+ only), Classic Controller (PRO), or GC controller... but it seems to me that innovation is limited when  this is done.