By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - New Poll - why do you visit VGChartz?

To read the fanboi warZzZ =)

Around the Network

the forum.

take care ioi :

remember chartz mean sales and sales mean success for consoles and consoles mean console war and console war means fanbody wars that means FORUM.

If u separate the chartz from the news then you will split the community that will mostly run away from the chartz

the problem is that, 2009 so far, is quite non exiting.
The wii is beyond, 360 is second, PS3 is last
people will care about chartz AGAIN after any new sku release, big games (holidays) and price cut
I predict a news interest in chartz after the PS3 price cut

remember that the chartz interest depend on the sales, if sales are bering then chartz are boring

I m not sure you can change anything to this ...

Time to Work !

I came here initially cause I was looking for console sales numbers.... found the pot of gold and while looking up all the charts I wanted, I noticed that the community was updating the forum with all the current news they saw elsewhere.

I now come here to check the main page : Sales - News - Latest forum posts. Nothing else.
The site started to lag on my home computer, even my new laptop has issues with 2.0... this has certainly not helped my visitation of the main page, I just go there to open the news and posts that interest me.
I personally am uninterested in the video section of the main page (probably makes it heavier than it should). and I know that the flash banner is what slows the page for me (does the same on the IGN page).

The reason people look at the charts less is probably cause if the community stops to grow, the users know the charts by heart and don't need to analyze the old ones as often as when they first arrived....

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

libellule said:
take care ioi :

remember chartz mean sales and sales mean success for consoles and consoles mean console war and console war means fanbody wars that means FORUM.

If u separate the chartz from the news then you will split the community that will mostly run away from the chartz

the problem is that, 2009 so far, is quite non exiting.
The wii is beyond, 360 is second, PS3 is last
people will care about chartz AGAIN after any new sku release, big games (holidays) and price cut
I predict a news interest in chartz after the PS3 price cut

remember that the chartz interest depend on the sales, if sales are bering then chartz are boring

I m not sure you can change anything to this ...

that... the success of this site will be cyclical....

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

Wait a second, this isn't the best way to ask, since the only people who'll be answering are forum goers, who obviously value the forum and community.

You should allow annonymous comments to be sent from the front page.

I find that the Sales and charts section has been downplayed a lot with VGChartz 2.0. The flash thingies on the front page do not gives the same amount of information as before, but now you have to click or hover to get it. The new Charts section is really, really good, but it's a bit too inaccessable, since it's not at all available in any form on the frontpage. In fact, I've never used any other of the top tabs than Home, Charts and Forum.

While the games database is starting to become VERY comprehensive, it's not really adding anything to me. When I go to a game's page, I do not feel like I've gathered new information about it. I don't really know why, I'm afraid. I used to visit game pages for the wall-discussions, but the number of messages shown on the gamepage wall has been decreased, so it's not at all as satisfying now.

So now adays I mainy visit VGChartz to read and post in the forum. Fact is that this forum is where I get almost all my gaming news now. It does however feel like the sales discussions have become less intelligent of late, but that's probably just my imagination.

Overall VGCharts is still my favorite gaming site. The sales and forums are really great. If there were no other functions, I'd still be here and have a great time.

This is invisible text!

I see you have nothing to say =D

Nowadays, I come here mainly for the forums.

After 2.0, it became harder to see when there were new SW numbers up, and I stopped caring for the weekly sales (though it's also partially because of not-so-exciting numbers). It's actually a little disheartening, and I'd like a better way to see when the new numbers are up, and give them a bit more focus on the frontpage, to rekindle some interest.

The game database is quite superb though, and so is the news section. VGC often has news up faster than IGN does, in my experience anyway.

Suggestions for improvements?
The portals sound good, though I would still have each portal be an important part of VGC as a whole. In other words, I'd do reviews.vgchartz.com, though you could have another URL link to it, like say gamedb.com would lead to gamedb.vgchartz.com.
The most important part for me here, would be to make sure VGC as a whole would be accesible from each of these portals, no matter what part of the site they would focus on, so the overall site still houses the content, and the community remains the same over all the portals (though where people choose to spend their time is something else, and have forums for discussing each portal could be a good idea).
So, each subsidary of VGC should be perfectly capable of running on its own, as a useful website. But every portal should provide easy access to the rest of VGC (the topbar could be remade to say "Game Database", "Reviews" etc. for the different portals perhaps, instead of the consoles), and then I think the frontpage of VGC should be almost as it is now, but also be a collection of all the most recent things that is happening in each portal, instead of just boxes that are placed on vgchartz.com
Although I wouldn't have a sales.vgchartz.com, I think the sales and charts should just be housed on vgchartz.com, along with the main forums.

I know it's a very delicate balance I am looking for, but I think it's the best way to get the different parts of the site up to speed, and at the same time make sure that VGC remains VGC.

I also think that VGC should make the IM more like the Facebook IM (though that might have been the plan all along? I can't remember ), and also make sure that it works across all these portals, so there is another thing to tie the community together across the portals.

To put it simple because its a great site that has everything :)