By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - David Jaffe's Twitter Says PS3 Price Drop. Now ...$199

sguy78 said:
By the way, why is it I hear about this piece of crap Twitter everywhere I go? It is so boring to use. Only egomaniacs and celebrities (same thing) seem to use it because they think everyone needs to follow whether they are brushing their teeth or taking a dump.

Twitter facilitates discussion with your followers. Take Jaffe's for an example. Notice how he gets into discussions about issues (game related or otherwise) with his fans. It can also be used as a news source.

Around the Network

If true expect Microsoft to bring the price of the arcade model of the 360 down to $99.99, so PS3 doesn't catch up in sales, and expect the Wii to continue to outsell both while retaining its $250.00 price tag.

waron said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
CGI-Quality said:
DirtyP2002 said:

hahaha That would be something.

They are still not profitable at 399 USD. So a $230 loss for every console sold would be.... let's say it friendly... "concern" shareholders.

You sure about that?

Well if they are profitable at that price point, I'd sure like to know why they keep bleeding money.

they were(and probably still are) working on ps3 slim,

they've made psp go,

they have many big budget games in the works,

wiimote ripoff,

the fact that none of their 2009 retail games made profit didn't help either,

if ps3 would hit 199$ in europe and i mean real 199$ not sonys usual 1$ = 1£ crap i would get one even if it would be 20gb model just for exclusive games and imports.

Woah, no 2009 game made profit? That's news to me. Got a link?

Crazymann said:
Any bets as to how long this thread is going to go on despite the rumor already being confirmed as a joke? I predict that it will hit 100.

I wouldn't doubt that...........for some reason some people just read the title (forget reading the whole OP) and post based on that.

JEDE3 said:
waron said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
CGI-Quality said:
DirtyP2002 said:

They are still not profitable at 399 USD. So a $230 loss for every console sold would be.... let's say it friendly... "concern" shareholders.

You sure about that?

Well if they are profitable at that price point, I'd sure like to know why they keep bleeding money.

they've made psp go,

wiimote ripoff,

if ps3 would hit 199$ in europe and i mean real 199$ not sonys usual 1$ = 1£ crap i would get one even if it would be 20gb model just for exclusive games and imports.

He doesn't need a link. That's waron!

Around the Network

We could witness a comback if the PS3 reaches $199. I doubt it though. I do not believe Sony will devalue the PS3 to anything but $299. They cant bleeed and survive as long as Microsoft.

he was just kidding? He should be kicked for lifting my sony hopes up

tedsteriscool said:
JEDE3 said:
waron said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
CGI-Quality said:
DirtyP2002 said:

You sure about that?

they've made go,

wiimote ripoff,

well they released two big ps3 games infamous and killzone 2.

killzone 2 had like 55-60mln$ development budget. Guerilla games confirmed back in the beginning of 2008 that they exceeded 40mln$ budget by huge margin and if you add marketing it makes it probably 70mln$ project. fact that it "sold" 1.76 with more than 500k being given away for free with ps3 as bundles didn't help them either.

infamous sold so far only 700k with its marketing and the fact that it was given away free with bundles(probably 150-200k copies were sold in bundles) still have a long way to break even.

both Singstar games bombed hard. Singstar Queen sold only 70k and considering that Queen is ultra big in europe and how expensive Queen licenses are, it bombed hard. Singstar Pop sold only 40k.

than there's MLB 09 The Show that might have made some profit to them.

It smelt to good to be true.

4 ≈ One

waron said:
tedsteriscool said:
JEDE3 said:
waron said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
CGI-Quality said:
DirtyP2002 said:

You sure about that?

they've made go,

wiimote ripoff,

well they released two big ps3 games infamous and killzone 2.

killzone 2 had like 55-60mln$ development budget. Guerilla games confirmed back in the beginning of 2008 that they exceeded 40mln$ budget by huge margin and if you add marketing it makes it probably 70mln$ project. fact that it "sold" 1.76 with more than 500k being given away for free with ps3 as bundles didn't help them either.

infamous sold so far only 700k with its marketing and the fact that it was given away free with bundles(probably 150-200k copies were sold in bundles) still have a long way to break even.

both Singstar games bombed hard. Singstar Queen sold only 70k and considering that Queen is ultra bing in europe and how expensive Queen licenses are, it bombed hard. Singstar Pop sold only 40k.

than there's MLB 09 The Show that might have made some profit to them.

LOL I asked for links. Funny how no one brought up the fact that they past 40 million in 2008 when KZ2 launched and starcraft was on his KZ2 flopped tirade. And where is your link that 500k was bundles? LOL LOL LOL @ U