By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NeoGeo Has Arrived!!!

Yes, the Sonic games for the Saturn weren't particularly popular, but it's the only thing people buy on the Genesis.

Anyways, I think you would see the occasional Virtua Fighter game sell well, and everything else is largely ignored.

I thought the point of the VC was to play retro games you wished you had played, not to buy games you have probably already played 10 times over.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
The problem with the Saturn on the VC is that the games would probably cost 1000 or so points, people would only buy Sonic, and it would get crushed by the N64.

How is that a problem? It doesn't really cost Sega or Nintendo anything to have it available for download. Any money made on downloads is almost purely profit.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

MontanaHatchet said:
I thought the point of the VC was to play retro games you wished you had played, not to buy games you have probably already played 10 times over.

both. 9 of 10 games I have so far, I owned and played the hell out of. I bought them again, because they are fun and my kids are 5/4/2 and I think these games are best for them to start with. Ranging difficulty levels, only a few buttons, kid friendly themes, and best of all I can pwn them. jk, I can pwn them at any game so far.

Donkey Kong Country I never owned and have always wanted to play it. So, it is pretty good.

I do both as well. I'd never played Neutopia or Sin and Punishment, for example, but there's no force on earth that could stop me from buying Super Mario World.

I own a saturn but I don't recall having a Sonic game for it. Some good games were virtual fighter, virtual cops, Daytona USA, Tomb Raider, and I personally loved space jam....

my only concern would be the number of buttons(it had 6 on the front plus two shoulder triggers) which would be hard to do with the classic controller...and obviously....memory...

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Yes, the Sonic games for the Saturn weren't particularly popular, but it's the only thing people buy on the Genesis.

Anyways, I think you would see the occasional Virtua Fighter game sell well, and everything else is largely ignored.

Saturn had so many good games that nobody knew about or played. Guardian Heroes, Burning Rangers, Dragon Force, Shining Force 3, Shinbi Legions, Panzer Dragoon, PD saga and PD Zwei, Radiant Silvergun, die hard arcade, house of the dead, nights and many more. If you include Japanese games the list could go forever.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Out of my 11 VC games, I've owned 9 of them.

The point of VC for me and for many is nostalgia, and obviously we found them to be great games long ago, so why not play these great games again? You can buy games you never played as well, but there's obviously less incentive for me...they're just old, outdated games to me without the nostalgia...for the most part anyway.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

saturn has all sorts of awesome games with even more if they add imports,
neo geo has other stuff beyond the one on one fighters, which it has some fantastic ones, hopefully some of the odd ball fighters like waku waku 7 will find their way to the virtual console as well as the more normal fighters
but others neo geo games beyond fighters and metal slug, hopefully Bust a move (which is infinitely better than any other release in the series) magical drops (with the option to play in Japanese mode), Baseball stars 2, super baseball 2020, magician lord, shock troopers, the better shooters, and hopefully sengoku 3 (preferrable without releasing the trashtastic sengoku 1+2)
but anyway why on earth they started with 3 bad games is beyond me, though it could have been worse, they could have used riding hero, ninja combat, and legend of success joe.... or those mahjong games

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MontanaHatchet said:

the point is to buy games you want to buy...although i have mainly used it for your reason.

I have; super mario lost levels (because i'd never even played a NES game never mind this game particularly)

Sonic and Sonic 3 (because although i had a megadrive i never got a Sonic game though i did play the original two or three times in various houses....i wish however that i had got Sonic 2 instead of 3)

F-Zero (because i had F-zero X on N64 and wanted to see it's prequel...not impressed though, i have only played it twice)

F-Zero X (because i sold F-Zero X on N64 ages ago and wanted it back (i actually sold it for £7 and as the 2000 points cost me £15 i paid £7.50 for it)

Super Mario 64 (bought because i was watching the progress of SMG on this site and someone reccomended i get this for VC as i had never played a Mario platformer before, i did so and loved the game, spent 20-30 hours completing it)

Lylat Wars (64?) (bought because i had played it a long time ago on my friends N64 and really liked it, i have spent some time with it but got a bit confused trying to get to new levels (i kept following the same path)....not sure if it was worth 1000 points but i do like it)

So there we go, i only actually owned 1 game previously, though 2 more i had played before (sonic/lylatwars)...but the main reason i don't get games i already had is generally because i didn't own that many games on my Megadrive, and i still have my N64 with about half of the games i ever owned for it (the rest were awful and shouldnt even be coming to the VC)

In future i am planning to get Sin and Punishment because it looks pretty good, and if ever a proper, top down micro machines appears i will jump into purchase mode quicker than a quick brown fox jumping over the lazy dog. (assuming i have connect 24 acces which i don't here at uni)

900 points? no thanks