By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL charts - week 40.

Saiyar said:
hunter_alien said:
Wow , the PSP version of FIFA is on 5th place :o Now who would have expected that :P

You should look at last weeks Spannish charts. FIFA 08 (PSP) outsold FIFA 08 (360)!

Spain don't really go for the 360 software, expect Halo 3 to really drop off in Spain this week.

I am actually amazed that the PS3 is selling at all in EU considering the rumors of cheaper SKU's and price drops that have been hammered around. That was quite surprising.

Around the Network

It looks like the total UK sales for FIFA 08 (all 7 versions) are very close to Halo 3 sales (all 3 version) after this week and should pass it next week.

PS2 version of FIFA on it's second week outsold the second week sales of Halo 3. That's pretty amazing. Now it's going to be interesting come the release of Winning Eleven since that series is now for the first time coming to all major systems. It really is the superior soccer, sorry footbal series, but it's less casual friendly than FIFA so it'll probably continue to be the smaller seller.

@Saiyar: Do you have any numbers or are just guessing?

After the first week of Halo/Fifa release it was 460k to 385k for Halo. It's possible that Fifa have allready passed Halo: Halo sold around 90k units this week, so PS2 version of Fifa must have sold more than 90k. Last week PS2 version made up 45% of all-format Fifa sales. If this proportion had been the same last week (and I don't see the reason why it shouldn't be) Fifa would have sold more than 200k in its second week.
So sales for Fifa should be at around 585k (or more) compared to Halo 3' 550k.

kamil said:
@Saiyar: Do you have any numbers or are just guessing?

After the first week of Halo/Fifa release it was 460k to 385k for Halo. It's possible that Fifa have allready passed Halo: Halo sold around 90k units this week, so PS2 version of Fifa must have sold more than 90k. Last week PS2 version made up 45% of all-format Fifa sales. If this proportion had been the same last week (and I don't see the reason why it shouldn't be) Fifa would have sold more than 200k in its second week.
So sales for Fifa should be at around 585k (or more) compared to Halo 3' 550k.

The numbers I know are.

Halo 3, 460k first week + 90k (79% drop) this week = 550k

FIFA 08, 385k first week + minimum 90K (since FIFA 08 PS2 > HALO3) this week=  minimum 475k.

FIFA 08 may well have passed Halo 3 but since I don't know exactly how many units it sold it is impoosible to say anything other than that it is very close between the two.

Around the Network

I know that it can't be said anything for sure but don't you think that if PS2 Fifa made up 45% of Fifa (all format) sales in the first week it should have made up around 45% second week also? Even if not excally 45% it should be close. And only if PS2 Fifa had made up 55% or more of all Fifa sales in second week Halo 3 would have sold more than Fifa (after 2 weeks of sales). But I think it's unlikely to get 45% percent share in first week and than 55+ in the second.

Interesting that Forza Motorsports 2 had yet another boost - some decent proof that the X360 is still selling well via bundles, even after an expected ultradrop for Halo 3.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Halo 3 second week in UK ca. 90.000  ( 550.000) .

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/news/uk/index.jsp

silly soccer player.... though i will say watching the girls team in HS was always fun before a football game

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Nice, if Halo 3 managed to do 200k this week in all of the Pal territories (and that's an easy low estimate), then Halo 3 is already over 4 mill wordwide. Then if halo 3 can do 400-500k in america this week, that's a cool 4.5 mill sold worldwide in just 2 weeks. Sweet ownage

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%