By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official: ( PS3 SLIM ) Thread

How many of these threads are there?

Around the Network
sguy78 said:
How many of these threads are there?

How many official PS3 slim threads?

Just the one.

It branches all the pictures and stuff together.. so that's cool.

What the hell...

http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2006/1111/ps3_18.jpg

Around the Network

http://games.software.com/HardwareandAccessories/Products/tabid/1876/ItemId/69695/Default.aspx

At this point I'm sure a PS3 slim is on the near horizon. I am not, however, so certain that a price cut is on the way. We will likely see a price drop for older models like we've seen in the past with the PS3's other model changes, but an outright pricecut may take some time. Either way, it should be enough for Sony to really kick some ass this holiday if they play their cards right. I guess we'll see.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

The one question I have is, are people expecting a PS3 Slim and a price cut, because the two always seem to be mentioned hand in hand. Or are people expecting the Slim to come at the regular price and the P(hat)S3 to occupy the new lower price point? What are people's expectations?

man, that was one messed up post

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I'm glad that reply was fixed..

OT:

People say the Slim will bring a price cut, I don't know if that will be the case, or that big of a cut rather.

Sony made price cuts to the PS2 when it could offord it, and when the PS2 was making money.

Sony now puts money into the development of the Slim while they are still lossing money, don't know if Sony has room for a big price cut and a new model atm.

I still don't know what the point of a Slim model would be..

with the PS2 Slim it was a more portable machine, pack it up quickly, bring it on vacation, friends house, and it was only $149.99.

It also had improvments that made someone who bought a PS3 fat 4 years prier would have no problem buying another version for cheap $149.99.

Now Sony is basing the PS3 Slim on history rather then what people need right now.

PS3 is still new to many people, not even 3 years old and we have a new model.

It's still not that portable and people that already have a PS3 really don't see the need to get a new model, and the high gloss finish of the PS3 fat looks nicer then the flat black look.

But then again the flat black PS3 Slim will be allot cheaper cover to make then the high gloss look.

Like I said above Sony is basing the PS3 Slim on history, thinking that sense the PS2 Slim saw a huge boost in sales, PS3 slim will have the same effect, and thats not going to be the case unless a major pricecut comes allong side.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o