By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Theory as to why the Wii is selling so well

Chicks dig Mario Party...not sure who you guys are playing it with hehe. They like Rayman Raving Rabbids too hehe.

Anyway, Avalach21, you going to reply to some questions?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
Chicks dig Mario Party...not sure who you guys are playing it with hehe. They like Rayman Raving Rabbids too hehe.

Oh man I can't wait for Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 ^__^''.

Playing Striptease Rayman Raving Rabbids with my GF is always a lot of fun. 

(Especially if ya don't loose).

Wait, so Avalanch was joking? We need a sarcasm alert and it needs to be mandatory so I can figure out what's going on. If we don't count the Virtua Boy then I think the N64 was my least favorite Nintendo console. Despite having some of my favorite games, I really liked my GC better overall.

Btw, chicks do dig Mario Party, but what they really love is Rayman. It's the only game my girlfriend ever wants to play. I need to buy her a DS so that she'll let me use my Wii again. >_<

konnichiwa said:
I agree with the fact that the Gamecube was the worst console of Nintendo also in saleswise.

Who of the Nintendo fans says that GC is not the worst console of nintendo?

N64 was worse? Snes? Nes?

I totally agree that GC was the worst.

Virtual Boy.

The girls I know love the following...

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Gears of War

Starcraft

Tekken 3

Mario Strikers Charged

Multiplayer games of course. The girls I know are actually real gamers, so that may be the difference.

Around the Network

No matter how many people say the GC is the worst, if it's talking about the console itself, not sales, it can never be a fact, it's an opinion.

There undoubtedly people out there that liked GC more than N64, or more than SNES or NES...it's not that unlikely.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I don't know what a "real" gamer is Montana but my girlfriend just likes to have fun. I suppose she's not a "serious" or "core" gamer, but I'm actually doing a pretty good job of corrupting her. It's all thanks to the Wii... muahaha.

^ Mwuhaha monster.

Yes I'm evil. I was never able to get her to play anything last gen. I've been with her for a few years now, but gaming is just one thing we never had in common. The Wii is really doing a great job of getting her into the gaming world. I've gotten her to play Metroid Prime 3 now. She's not far from getting addicted completely. Then she'll be under my control forever! Muahahaha.

Real gamers, for me, are not a hard group to be.

If you play games like Mario Party, Wii Play, or DDR, and almost nothing else, casual.