By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Theory as to why the Wii is selling so well

shams said:
Avalach21 said:

Gamecube was awesome! Look at my Gamecube/Wii collection

Nice collection :)

I think you might even have a few more than me... but not by much. I beat your Wii collection though...

PS - the GC rocked. I was always very happy with it last gen. I bought a PS2 when it launched, but from the day I picked up the GC the PS2 got *zero* playtime (except for a couple of GT sessions with my revhead mates), and never got a title purchased (except maybe for GT4 which was a huge disappointment).

IS THAT TOY STORY??? For shame, Avalach...

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:
shams said:
Avalach21 said:

Gamecube was awesome! Look at my Gamecube/Wii collection

Nice collection :)

I think you might even have a few more than me... but not by much. I beat your Wii collection though...

PS - the GC rocked. I was always very happy with it last gen. I bought a PS2 when it launched, but from the day I picked up the GC the PS2 got *zero* playtime (except for a couple of GT sessions with my revhead mates), and never got a title purchased (except maybe for GT4 which was a huge disappointment).

Haha shame???? Toy story is badass!  right next to my star wars trilogy.  I only watch VHS.  Who needs DVD, much less Blu Ray?

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
naznatips said:
I think we are at the point that we need to realize that Avalach was being sarcastic. It's kind of sad that it was hard to tell. That means we are actually willing to believe someone would post something like that on this forum and be dead serious.

there are people on this forum that would post stuff like this, it's nothing unbelievable.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

routsounmanman said:

ARE YOU NUTS?! Toy Story kicks butt! :)

Nice Epiphone there... BTW what a mess you have there lol 

the wii has actually overtaken the sales of gamecube in Australia... so your theory doesnt work there. if you werent being sarcastic that is.

ps. im with fazz Toy Story ruled :D

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Around the Network
thanny said:
the wii has actually overtaken the sales of gamecube in Australia... so your theory doesnt work there. if you werent being sarcastic that is.

ps. im with fazz Toy Story ruled :D

Obviously you have overlooked the migratory patterns of Nintendo fanboys. In their efforts to find an unsold Wii, the most obvious destination would be the continet of Australia, where a Nintendo fanboy is as rare as a Tasmanian Wolf.

grr...

you prefer VHS over DVD ? ... ugh ... I'm sorry but I really can't understand that

Avalach & Fazz :

I prefer Sailor Moon and My Little Ponie *hugs his little pony doll*

I agree with what Thrillhouse said!

Yes GC came third last generation, but look at the XBOX sales http://vgchartz.com/worldcons.php

Sure PS2 is like 90million ahead of both XBOX and GC but its just a few million between them.

GC is my least favourite console by Nintendo but that doesn't mean I hated it or that it didn't have great games.