By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why do so few care about Little King's Story?

Yes i agree the word should be spread on the internet..... So come on people. You must buy Little kings story. It is an AMAZING game!!!!!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
vonboysp said:
Kasz216 said:
Well it's a niche gameplay system for one.

the pikmin series says hi.

anyway, i would go with the gaming communnity not having a soul, but it's ignorence really. few people have even heard of it in the first place.

crazy theory time! maybe when pikmin 2 npc comes out in the america's, it will help lks's sales?

What about Pikmin?

It's the originitor and definer of the Genre and the first game sold 1.6 million....

and after that... nothing but declining sales for the Genre.

1 mil for Pikmin 2... something like maybe 100K for the overlord series?

it is for kidz, like the wii itself :)

but seriously, one of the best games on wii, too bad it will probably be the next okami

Graves said:
For the record I would be interested if this was a XBLA game. But a $50 Wii game... no thank you.

And this is probably soley based on the graphics rather than the content in the game. I don't know of many 20-40 hour (depending on how much searching you do) games that you can buy online except for full retail price (like burnout was $30 in store and online at one point)

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I think the majority of Wii owners prefer something pick-up and play (Mario Kart/Brawl/WSR) to something as deep and time consuming as LKS. The fact that the art style would put off many more serious gamers and most people just seeing it on the shelves would have no idea what to make of it and will therefore leave it on the shelves.

Around the Network

Most people look at it and think it's a small, weird game.

It is not.

It's one of the biggest games ever released. This is no exaggeration. The game is HUGE. It's definitely bigger than any Zelda I have ever played. If you're willing to do all side quests you'll probably sink over 50 hours in this game.

Oh, and it's also extremely well made.

Most people call themselves hardcore gamers but still only buy themselves mainstream Mario, Halo and Call of Duty. Little King Story is an amazing game and can be enjoyed by anyone.

SaviorX said:
The overwhelming majority of gamers who are even aware of Little King Story are turned off completely by the artstyle.

Also, the fact that it uses no IR or motion control just makes its place on the Wii unnecessary. If was going to use none of the systems feature, it might as well have been on the PS2.

I'm usually down to try things, but LKS is too much of a risk.

There is no risk when it comes to LKS. None. It's a fantastic title that, despite having some faults, nonetheless works on almost every level. I've made no secret of how much I've been looking forward to this game since its initial announcement years ago, and I can tell you that it pretty much met those high expectations. It's hard to describe just why this game is so damned addictive and fun, and I'd write pages and pages trying to explain, but suffice it to say that if the lack of Wii-exclusive features is all that's keeping you from having a total blast, you'd be best served by ignoring that and getting this ASAP.

Trust me.

Kasz216 said:

1 mil for Pikmin 2... something like maybe 100K for the overlord series?

The first Overlord was one of Codemasters' best sellers: it easily topped what they were expecting, hence the three-new-games-at-once strategy they pursued with its second-wave.

Graves said:
For the record I would be interested if this was a XBLA game. But a $50 Wii game... no thank you.

For the record, you're being a total fool. But hey, your loss, not mine.

tedsteriscool said:
We already have Pikmin, rendering this game pointless.

This...is not Pikmin. The gameplay is similar enough to be familiar, and anyone who loves that series should definitely look into this one, but LKS is its own beast.

Now if only this logic applied to FPS's, I'd be happy. But...

Most people see more value in a 60$ HD game like Devil May Cry 4 than this huge, magnificent game at 50$. I really can't get behing their logic. Especially the Japanese.

Plus very few people even know it exists.

tedsteriscool said:

Plus very few people even know it exists.

Little King Story is nothing like Pikmin. In design, maybe, a little. In execution, it's totally different.

I guess most people try to label a game without knowing anything about it, instead of trying it out for themselves.