By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the PS2 be the best selling console in Japan of all time?

Same as Topic.

Around the Network

Yes the ps2 will soon die. But it's game are EPIC. R.I.P ps2 i loved you.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

how many computers have been sold?

just bought a boatload of PS2 games. happy

Consoles only, yes for the foreseeable future (Not even the Wii will topple Japan's PS2 install base).

However it will fall eventually.

I do think it will be a long time before we see anything top the DS sales in Japan, console or handheld.

Around the Network

sure looks that way. I don't see any way handhelds don't take over the majority of the market.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

If we're talking consoles, the DS and Gameboy both smash it.

If we're talking home consoles only, nothing I can imagine. The Wii has a good chance, but Nintendo really messed up in Japan with it. I think the Wii's sequel has a chance of being like the PS2, possibly in Japan. And it's likely that Japan has become too small and handheld oriented for any home console to be greater than the PS2 ever again. The country is shrinking in population and getting older as well, so that certainly doesn't help.

I assume we are talking about home consoles only, because the DS will destroy the PS2 in Japan (and as Monti said, I think the GB already has). In that case, yes, it will be, for a very long time. The Wii won't come close.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

If you mean home consoles then yes noone will beat PS2 anytime soon.

PS2 will be on top in japan for home consoles for a long time