By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Most Recent Gaming Purchase Regrets?

Etrian Odyssey for the DS

Around the Network

Mario Party 8

Deep inside I knew I wouldn't like it,but I bought it anyway.I'll be selling it on ebay soon.

Ape Escape 2: Pumped and Primed: I thought this was Ape Escape 2. Boy was I wrong. It was a bunch of crappy minigames that IGN correctly scored at 6.

Arc the Lad III: It came with Arc the Lad and Arc the Lad II (which I both LOVED, especially II), but this game was utter garbage in comparison. It just felt so lacking compared to II.

Super Stardust HD: I like Nucleus better than this game and I do not like how it pushes you for playing with two people because of the way the moving and the screen turning works. It is a good game, but it just didn't sit well with me for some reason.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

So far I am regretting buying an XBox 360 although Bioshock is changing my mind (although I could have played that on the PC for less money ...)

Lair... Can't believe i tought it could be any good...

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

Around the Network

Command and Conqueror 3 (PC). The single player was average at best and for an RTS the multi-player was horrible and unbalanced as anything I've ever come across. Really the most disappointing game in years for me.

Rise of Legends (PC). I was in the Beta for this game and I still purchased this game even though I didn't like it at all. One of those decisions that make you question yourself as this is one of the worst RTS' ever made. It was not fun at all and multi-player was even more unbalanced than C&C3, that is of course if you could even get through a full game without being dropped.

World of Warcraft (PC). This game is so boring I get bored just talking about it. I guess if you need to socialize with people online instead of real life I could see this being a game for you. In the end the reward for getting higher levels was meaningless because everyone would just buy gold and then any item they wanted and it just felt pointless to even try.

Oh yeah. The Sims. I hate the Sims.

And Black & White.

Pretty much I really like Micromanagement games... but not when i have to tell people when to feed themselves and when to go to the bathroom.

Cadence said:
I regret buying every game I have for the Wii except for Zelda and Metroid.

care to elaborate on your regrets

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

Monster Hunter Freedom 2 on the PSP... I still like the game but I just can't bring myself to play it anymore

Deleted Post

jjseth is my hero.