By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Most Recent Gaming Purchase Regrets?

the TMNT-game based on the movie.

Around the Network
naznatips said:

My disappointments, Part 2:

FEAR. This game got amazing reviews but both the horror and shooter aspects were lackluster compared to others in the genre. After Half-life 2 the game felt like a joke.

Metroid Prime Hunters... oh man this game probably tops my list (both lists). It was a great handheld shooter, but it was not a Metroid game. At all. It had no adventure elements, was short, linear, and full of combat. It felt more like Halo. Nothing against Halo, but I don't want my Metroid made into Halo.

Innocent Life. Worst Harvest Moon I have played since Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life on GC. Thank god Rune Factory was good.

KOTOR 2. It just wasn't as great as KOTOR. Too much copy-pasting.

Okay I need to stop listing things that have disappointed me. It's making me depressed.

lol take that back, the game is masterful and a genre in itself

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

A DS with Brain Age.

I'll take the case!!!

grandmaster192 said:
andrewpeirce said:
darthdevidem said:
GAMECUBE - It was an absolutely useless console apart from SSBM

What kind of games do you like? If your an FPS fan I would agrew ti you that it is useless, but overall the gamecube was an amzing console imo

Gamecube>PS2

PS3>Wii

Hyped consoles like Wii and PS2 are all show and no go. It takes them forever to build up thei large library of solid games, which is their advantage. However, they never, ever reach the quality that the other consoles bring to the table. I agree with you that the Gamecube was an amazing console with some of the best games ever made.

nice trolling in disquise there

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 PSP
I knew it was not going to be a good game, but I got it anyway since i had a twelve hour flight coming up, and it was very cheap, I'll be trading it in soon

add me

Around the Network

Wow, this thread is hilarious.

OMG, My most regretted game ever had to have been The URBZ: Sims in the City for the Gamecube. Probably the worst iteration of The Sims so far?

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

grandmaster192 said:
The latest Final Fantasy for PS2: That game is trash.

Animal Crossing for Nintendo DS: Not really my type of thing.

Red Steel for Wii: Trash. This game is complete trash. I refuse to buy any FPS on the Wii because of this game.

Gundam for PS3: Like you guys, I claimed reviews were bias, and I ended up with this trash.

Kingdom Hearts 1&2: Yuck...

Metal Gear for PS2: This was so long ago I forgot the name of the game. I gave it away the first day I bought it.

Grand Theft Auto III and Vice City: Low quality shit.

Final Fantasy X: It got borring at like... the very begining!

Grand Turismo for PS2: Not what I thought it was...

The Gamecube is where all the good games where last gen.

Your post makes me want to cry, the Kingdom Hearts games are some of my favourite games ever, I love FFX and XII (maybe not X-2 so much) and it hurts me when people say GTA games are bad (at least you didn't insult Jak and Daxter or Pro Evo)

add me

Neos said:
naznatips said:

My disappointments, Part 2:

FEAR. This game got amazing reviews but both the horror and shooter aspects were lackluster compared to others in the genre. After Half-life 2 the game felt like a joke.

Metroid Prime Hunters... oh man this game probably tops my list (both lists). It was a great handheld shooter, but it was not a Metroid game. At all. It had no adventure elements, was short, linear, and full of combat. It felt more like Halo. Nothing against Halo, but I don't want my Metroid made into Halo.

Innocent Life. Worst Harvest Moon I have played since Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life on GC. Thank god Rune Factory was good.

KOTOR 2. It just wasn't as great as KOTOR. Too much copy-pasting.

Okay I need to stop listing things that have disappointed me. It's making me depressed.

lol take that back, the game is masterful and a genre in itself

Yeah, I listed a lot of big games.  I'm sure my list hit a lot of sore spots haha.  That's alright though I loved Twilight Princess despite people on here being apparently disappointed with it. Things like this are all about opinion and therea re going to be a lot of people who disagree.  Personally I agree with Grandmaster that the GC was great, but I didn't like it any better than my PS2.  I also disagree that the PS3 is > the Wii.  It seems like he just refuses to play anything that's popular heh.  As if the popularity itself makes the game system inherintly worse.

Diddy Kong Racing- Hated the overabundance of collect-a-thons

Pikmin- Hated the time limit aspect, know that Pikmin 2 got rid of that, but still haven't had the courage to buy it.

Halo 2- Single player sucks and is stale. No way getting Halo 3

Spiderman: The Movie- It was cheap but the controls were still horrible

To a lesser extent Warioware: Smooth Moves - Great game but not worth a full $50

The big one Bioshock- Still playing it but it is no way as great as some people made it out to be. Having a lot more fun with MP3.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii

Spectrobes for DS
Mario Party 8 for Wii
Metal Gear Solid PO for PSP