By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Most Recent Gaming Purchase Regrets?

Oh Chrono Cross, what a dirty little secret you are. Seems like everyone who wants a sequel to Chrono Trigger never played you.

My last regret is probably Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time. The story just annoyed me and the gameplay could have been so much better with a little more depth. The Harvest Moon for the GC was a mistake as well. I would say I regret buying Super Paper Mario, but someone gave me it as a gift because they figured I would love it (and so did I). I don't know what they did wrong with the game to make me hate it.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

Oh yeah, Red Steel... it wasn't bad, but it was over hyped.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

I have none. I read a lot about a game prior to purchase. Plus, if I didn't like it I would just resell on Ebay and get my money back. btw, I usually buy all my games off of Ebay. Essentially every 5th game is free as I pay a max of $40 per game, saving $10 compared to the retail cost.

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (DS)

I played all GBA games not so long ago. Now picking this one up, I realized Im tired of the same old thing. Same enemies, same areas, similar story, same characters, only weird enhancements with the touch pad that dont make sense. This stuff has gone stale like nothing. And they keep churning the same game out. Only was 20 euros though.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

GAMECUBE - It was an absolutely useless console apart from SSBM

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Around the Network
I'm mostly satisfied with my purchases. I regret Puzzle Quest Challenge of the Warlords for PSP... Only unfinished game from my library. After few hours it gets damn repetitive and boring.

The latest Final Fantasy for PS2: That game is trash.

Animal Crossing for Nintendo DS: Not really my type of thing.

Red Steel for Wii: Trash. This game is complete trash. I refuse to buy any FPS on the Wii because of this game.

Gundam for PS3: Like you guys, I claimed reviews were bias, and I ended up with this trash.

Kingdom Hearts 1&2: Yuck...

Metal Gear for PS2: This was so long ago I forgot the name of the game. I gave it away the first day I bought it.

Grand Theft Auto III and Vice City: Low quality shit.

Final Fantasy X: It got borring at like... the very begining!

Grand Turismo for PS2: Not what I thought it was...

The Gamecube is where all the good games where last gen.

The only game I regretted buying in my whole life was Animal Crossing on DS. All the good reviews telling it's an awesome game for people who like simulations and there are tons of things to do... My ass! >_> Sims is way more diverse... That's why I don't trust reviews anymore!

I thought that Animal Crossing was a great game. It just wasn't for me.

I regret buying... super moneky ball banna blitz and Sonic riders aa bit ago. THey both suck hard