By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony is the only company I am 100% sure will make a next gen console

NJ5 said:
Assets? Let's take assets minus liabilities... the real measure of a company's value.

Companies with lots of assets can quickly go bankrupt by imploding under their own weight.

I've always thought of you as a biased fool, but this one beats everything you've said in the past by a long long way.

Never doubt anything positive which is said about Sony in the Sony forum!

Tease.

Around the Network
solidpumar said:

1)Sony is a HARDWARE company, the biggest* high-end electronics company in the world. And console is hardware.

Biggest as in total assets, it has 125 billion is assets, way more than any software or hardware company in the world. (not talking about market value or profit, I am talking about size.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/18/global-09_The-Global-2000_Assets_2.html

Just thought I should mention: Yes, you're right. However, the gap between Sony and Samsung has been getting smaller at a ridiculous pace. Samsung has grown so much over the past few years and is expected to pass Sony within the next few years. And that's just Samsung electronics. The Samsung Group is already the world's largest conglomerate with much more in assets than Sony. (Electronics, appliances, ship building, engineering and construction, life insurance! They even make military defense products)

And how awesome would a Samsung console be?

On topic: if you have any doubt that Nintendo is releasing another console... than you're crazy.

NJ5 said:
Assets? Let's take assets minus liabilities... the real measure of a company's value.

Companies with lots of assets can quickly go bankrupt by imploding under their own weight.

True, but they already survived their worse times 2007-2008 in the worst economic possible.

If they didnt got bakrupt there, they wont now things are shapping up and losses are diminishing.

While the value is important... so is assets for many prediction and forecasts, and they still hold most of their assets after the storm. Having sold only a few factories and some employers let go.

solidpumar said:
NJ5 said:

True, but they already survived their worse times 2007-2008 in the worst economic possible.

If they didnt got bakrupt there, they wont now things are shapping up and losses are diminishing.

While the value is important... so is assets for many prediction and forecasts, and they still hold most of their assets after the storm. Having sold only a few factories and some employers let go.

I'm not saying they'll go bankrupt (though it's possible depending on the extent of the recession).

My point is, a company's assets don't determine how resilient the company is. If you subtract the liabilities (i.e. money the company owes), that gives you a better idea.

In the current environment, I'd say cash flow is what really determines which companies are strong. Once cash runs out, you either find more people to sell bonds or stocks to, or you're bankrupt. You can of course sell some of your assets, but in hard economic times that's hard and it doesn't give you that much money, unless you sell off huge parts of your business.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

solidpumar said:

I believe that Sony is for sure going to release another console. And the thread and long topic were for the people that keep spaming each week the ps3 forum with claim that Sony is doomed, will go sega with absurd believe Sony will go out.

I was showing the irony I see in contrast to my opinion since I belive that Sony is less likely to drop out than any other. Especially Nintendo that everybody believe is untouchable because of it sucess.

Nitendo could, if they want, drop out. They could be sucesful as third party IMO.Sony in contarst wouldnt be much sussful as a 3rd party IMO.

Nintendo isn't untouchable as the Sony never was with the Ps2. Since each next generation is a blank slate and nitendo size puts in a disavantage, altough they have profit to burn, why would they to?

The facts remains that most likely wont, but my thread tried to show a diferent point of view diferent from "status quo".

And regardless if you agreed, my topic was respectful and deserved respect. Something you good pal squilliam lacks with his "waste on him" comment.

I dont belive the nintendo will drop out, but lots of follks here belive that sony is. They strongly believe in it. And they are the ones that derserve the facepalm.

Also this thread is on the PS3 forum, not nintendo, and this nintendo fanboys , flamer, spammer and trolls just made my thread more visiable with so many posts.

Peharps Vgchartz is not the place for intelligents discussion, and has become a news/fanboy war like site because of some loud and immature users.

If you're going to answer me, then drop the crap about not getting respect, no intelligent discussion, etc. I didn't facepalm you, and I've intelligently remarked on everything you've said up until this point.

Now, I too believe Sony is going to release a console next generation. Those people saying otherwise get their own facepalms inside their topics because their arguments sound as ludicrous as yours do about Nintendo. If you just wanted to create a "Look I can make an idiotic prediction too, so take that Sony haters", you've succeeded. You do look as ridiculous as I find them to look when they talk in half truths and don't understand the market.

There's no guarantee Nintendo will catch lightning in a bottle twice, but their mentality in comparison to the mentality of Sony and Microsoft, currently gives them the best chance to succeed. Sony and MS can release all the motion goodness they want, because Nintendo will be busy working on something two steps ahead of them.

Lastly, every new generation is not a blank slate. Returning franchises from previous generations sell better than new IPs generally, console makers' strategies can carry over to succeed twice, etc. There is plenty of overlap. However, you're right that each new generation brings each hardware maker the chance to make the right choices and come out the winner. Currently, Nintendo's making the right choices, so them being a smaller company is irrelevant to whether they have less of a chance to carry over than Sony does. If it's a matter of desire to continue, I disagree that Nintendo would be less inclined to do so than Sony, for the exact reason you think they do. Since Sony has their hands in so many different things, they can afford to drop something. Nintendo just makes consoles and games. They go hand in hand. Why drop that to go compete with Activision, when currently Activision couldn't hope to compete with them (nor can anyone else)?

Again, you've yet to display sound reasoning why Nintendo would ever drop console making in favor of third party developing. Can you at least give a reason why there's even a remote chance this would happen? All I see is them purposely losing out on other forms of revenue and profit for absolutely no reason. They'll even make less money on the same exact games because they would now have to pay other console makers the fees to put them on their consoles.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
chasmatic12 said:
solidpumar said:

1)Sony is a HARDWARE company, the biggest* high-end electronics company in the world. And console is hardware.

Biggest as in total assets, it has 125 billion is assets, way more than any software or hardware company in the world. (not talking about market value or profit, I am talking about size.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/18/global-09_The-Global-2000_Assets_2.html

Just thought I should mention: Yes, you're right. However, the gap between Sony and Samsung has been getting smaller at a ridiculous pace. Samsung has grown so much over the past few years and is expected to pass Sony within the next few years. And that's just Samsung electronics. The Samsung Group is already the world's largest conglomerate with much more in assets than Sony. (Electronics, appliances, ship building, engineering and construction, life insurance! They even make military defense products)

And how awesome would a Samsung console be?

On topic: if you have any doubt that Nintendo is releasing another console... than you're crazy.

if you have any doubt that Sony is releasing another console... than you're crazy.*added

Samsung influence and worldwide retail reach is increasing in the TV and phones market for a reason. Show how much power a company of similar size that is yet to reach Sony size have.

---------------------

if you have any doubt that Sony is releasing another console... than you're crazy.*added

while it looks like no one really agrees with the OP, please don't spam the thread with face palm images and just saying that people are stupid. At least back your claims up with some form of argument.

@OP - Just because others posted a face palm picture does not mean that mine nor onyx's posts lack any respect. Stop trying to pull the "poor me" card. Others may have been immature, but the people who have actually responded haven't pulled any of that crap and have responded politely.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

solidpumar said:
AdventWolf said:
Why be a successful 3rd party developer if your system can sell 50M+ easy?
They WILL NOT drop out lol, they are making a killing.

Why would sony be a 3rd party if  their system can sell 140+ million easy.

Each console generation is another surprise. And not even nintendo believe they can have more suscess with their next console than they had in this one.

Because like you said they made a killing in this one that wont be easy to repeat.

try not obvious posts next time.

To be fair if Sony thought like that they would have stopped with with the PS1

So the Wii isn't selling enough for Nintendo to do a follow up?

Onyxmeth said:
solidpumar said:

I believe that Sony is for sure going to release another console. And the thread and long topic were for the people that keep spaming each week the ps3 forum with claim that Sony is doomed, will go sega with absurd believe Sony will go out.

I was showing the irony I see in contrast to my opinion since I belive that Sony is less likely to drop out than any other. Especially Nintendo that everybody believe is untouchable because of it sucess.

Nitendo could, if they want, drop out. They could be sucesful as third party IMO.Sony in contarst wouldnt be much sussful as a 3rd party IMO.

Nintendo isn't untouchable as the Sony never was with the Ps2. Since each next generation is a blank slate and nitendo size puts in a disavantage, altough they have profit to burn, why would they to?

The facts remains that most likely wont, but my thread tried to show a diferent point of view diferent from "status quo".

And regardless if you agreed, my topic was respectful and deserved respect. Something you good pal squilliam lacks with his "waste on him" comment.

I dont belive the nintendo will drop out, but lots of follks here belive that sony is. They strongly believe in it. And they are the ones that derserve the facepalm.

Also this thread is on the PS3 forum, not nintendo, and this nintendo fanboys , flamer, spammer and trolls just made my thread more visiable with so many posts.

Peharps Vgchartz is not the place for intelligents discussion, and has become a news/fanboy war like site because of some loud and immature users.

If you're going to answer me, then drop the crap about not getting respect, no intelligent discussion, etc. I didn't facepalm you, and I've intelligently remarked on everything you've said up until this point.

Now, I too believe Sony is going to release a console next generation. Those people saying otherwise get their own facepalms inside their topics because their arguments sound as ludicrous as yours do about Nintendo. If you just wanted to create a "Look I can make an idiotic prediction too, so take that Sony haters", you've succeeded. You do look as ridiculous as I find them to look when they talk in half truths and don't understand the market.

There's no guarantee Nintendo will catch lightning in a bottle twice, but their mentality in comparison to the mentality of Sony and Microsoft, currently gives them the best chance to succeed. Sony and MS can release all the motion goodness they want, because Nintendo will be busy working on something two steps ahead of them.

Lastly, every new generation is not a blank slate. Returning franchises from previous generations sell better than new IPs generally, console makers' strategies can carry over to succeed twice, etc. There is plenty of overlap. However, you're right that each new generation brings each hardware maker the chance to make the right choices and come out the winner. Currently, Nintendo's making the right choices, so them being a smaller company is irrelevant to whether they have less of a chance to carry over than Sony does. If it's a matter of desire to continue, I disagree that Nintendo would be less inclined to do so than Sony, for the exact reason you think they do. Since Sony has their hands in so many different things, they can afford to drop something. Nintendo just makes consoles and games. They go hand in hand. Why drop that to go compete with Activision, when currently Activision couldn't hope to compete with them (nor can anyone else)?

Again, you've yet to display sound reasoning why Nintendo would ever drop console making in favor of third party developing. Can you at least give a reason why there's even a remote chance this would happen? All I see is them purposely losing out on other forms of revenue and profit for absolutely no reason. They'll even make less money on the same exact games because they would now have to pay other console makers the fees to put them on their consoles.

Your talk with squilliam was disrespectfull, if you agree with him and think I am a waste of good logic I really dont think you deserve my attention even if you are the only one trying to do good arguments.

Otherwise:

The thing is. Nintendo has yet to release any plans for their next generation, so how can you judge on their good choise they will suposedly make on the next console.Their good decision are giving return this generation, but that doesnt mean the same startegy will work again.

And as a companies that is comprised of lots of people and shareholders how can you say its mentality gives the best chance to suscced. We know nothing about their plans nintendo is a company like all others.

I think nintendo chance of leaving are very slight, is in my frist post why I think there is a slight chance and if after reading again it doesnt raise any doubts or at least isnt a good read, then I wasnt able to convince you and I acceepet that. And since you dont think Sony will drop out eitheir we can agree on that.

While they would have to pay the licensing fees, they would have the option of going multiplataform for 100% of potential home console market. They would seek revenue like publisher does... diferent source of revenues. This could be a new blue ocean for nintendo, because they would be able to exploit strategies they couldnt as a 1st party.

I think my topic was valid and I think you are just as clueless of the market as you say I am, and offer more half-truth, when I never claimed any truth in my topic, just stating my opinion and hypothetical situation, that even if unlikely to happen, offered a unique and good view.

Read my first topic again with a cool head and just tell me if you really think my thread is pointless, has no value and clueless?

And awswer

If you were nintendo when you would release your next console and what price strategy would you use and technology? How would you triumph over MS and Sony withouth putting most of your profits this generation at risk?

The reason I I raise the nintendo doubt is because I cant awswer thís question in green. Can you?