By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Transforms Times Square into a Spectacular Wii Sports Resort

Nintendo is transforming New York's famed Military Island in Times Square into an urban island getaway to celebrate the launch of the Wii Sports Resort video game. On July 23, anyone who visits this Manhattan landmark will be treated to a mini-vacation, complete with a sandy beach, swimming pool and tropical lounge - all smack dab in the middle of the city - plus a chance to play Wii Sports Resort in advance of its U.S. July 26 release date. Based on the imaginative Wuhu Island locale featured in the game, this interactive oasis will also offer game demonstrations, giveaways (while supplies last) and a bar serving tropical non-alcoholic drinks. Adding to the excitement, actor Chace Crawford will be making an appearance.

Wii Sports Resort is the next phenomenon in active-play gaming and the first Nintendo game to feature the control enhancements of the Wii MotionPlus™ accessory. While enjoying resort-themed in-game activities such as swordplay, basketball, table tennis and archery, players will experience the unique motion-sensing controls of the Wii system with greater precision and accuracy than ever before. Just as the original Wii Sports™ attracted millions of casual and nontraditional players to the world of video games, the new Wii Sports Resort delivers an inclusive, interactive entertainment experience that consumers of all ages can enjoy.

Source : Nintendo.com

I didnt see this kind of marketing in the video game industry since a long time. This gonna be HUGE!

Around the Network

This was posted in the news section about a week ago.

I can't wait to see this. I want pics!

I wish I was there.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Oops sorry I didnt see that news here on VGchartz.

But Wow this gonna be amazing.

i missed the news too so not a bad thing it was posted. Sounds awesome.

but..

WHY CAN'T THEY DO THIS FOR THEIR CORE GAMES. ie METROID PRIME 3

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:

but..

because this kind opf marketing is targeting the mass market and cannot be done of hardcore games.

atma998 said:
Cobretti2 said:

but..

because this kind opf marketing is targeting the mass market and cannot be done of hardcore games.

That kind of thing wouldn't have worked well for Metroid....Mario Galaxy it would probably be worth the money.

More TV adverts would have been nice for MP3 though.

TWRoO said:
atma998 said:
Cobretti2 said:

but..

That kind of thing wouldn't have worked well for Metroid....Mario Galaxy it would probably be worth the money.

More TV adverts would have been nice for MP3 though.

Yeah I agree. Let's hope they will do more adverts for Metroid : The Other M.

shit this happens tomorrow, anyone from here going to it

Monster Hunter Tri

Name: Silver

ID: 94BRVX

This sounds awesome... but i have NO idea who Chace crawford is