By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Motion+ go the way of the Balance Board, Wii Speak?

KylieDog said:
You cannot buy a Balance Board alone, or a Wii Zapper. For both you need buy the bundled games.

Until they allow stand alone purchases the less use for both of them the better.

M+ at least sells stand alone, is just overpriced.

You mean it's more than you want to pay. Unless you can prove the actual costs of the item are significantly lower than the MSRP, it's not actually overpriced.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
trestres said:
I didn't respond to your post because you attacked me for no reason. Plus if you read my last post you will see why I'm concerned. This is not just another peripheral, this is a better WiiMote. Nintendo shoud just forget about the old WiiMote and make M+ the norm, even if there are some games that won't use it. Just bundle it with every new Wii and then also make sure everyone gets one by releasing multiple games that come bundled with it so it really is a new WiiMote rather than another gimmick.

Nintendo made some deals with 3rd parties but they are limited, so not everyone will be buying a M+ with the M+ compatible games, therefore userbase getting divided. IMO it's a bad strategy to consider it a peripheral rather than an update. People have to have it in an almost obligatory fashion in order for it to succeed, because then devs will go for the bigger chunk of the audience, the one that doesn't own a M+.

I didnt attack you I stated a fact, you seem to live and breath concern for Nintendo its like you actually try and find faults with them.

First off you have to wait and let Nintendo sell out all their Wiimotes they allready produced before they even start selling a wiimote+.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Nintendo could, instead of cutting the price to spur sales again, add a WM+ and WSR with every Wii sold, so that from now on all Wii users will have access to M+ and they will know that it exists and how it works. Then for the old owners, there could be more bundles, promotions. Some campaign to made them aware.

I don't see M+ succeeding and getting much support if most people don't own them.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

@vaio: WiiMote Plus is simply a Wii + Motion Plus, so there's no need to make new WiiMotes, simply start bundling M+'s with every new Wii.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
Nintendo could, instead of cutting the price to spur sales again, add a WM+ and WSR with every Wii sold, so that from now on all Wii users will have access to M+ and they will know that it exists and how it works. Then for the old owners, there could be more bundles, promotions. Some campaign to made them aware.

I don't see M+ succeeding and getting much support if most people don't own them.

You're right.  It will be a huge failure like the Balance Board. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

Balance Board is not an integral part of the Wii, you may see it as a secondary platform. M+ does enhance the capabilities of the Wii, therefore needs to be on most Wii's if we want most games to support it. When a game has multiple control schemes, it's most probable that it won't be as refined, due to restrictions the other scheme imposes.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

If Nintendo feels that it would be a good idea to bundle, they will. Right now they just want to see if the Motion+ even catches on. If so, a bundle will likely come later on.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Why bundle M+/WSR for free if you can sell at least 10M units a year?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

trestres said:
Balance Board is not an integral part of the Wii, you may see it as a secondary platform. M+ does enhance the capabilities of the Wii, therefore needs to be on most Wii's if we want most games to support it. When a game has multiple control schemes, it's most probable that it won't be as refined, due to restrictions the other scheme imposes.

Yeah.  A secondary platform like Natal...

Who want's multiple control schemes when you can have the highly refined dual analog for everything?  I think that I might agree with you.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

trestres said:
@vaio: WiiMote Plus is simply a Wii + Motion Plus, so there's no need to make new WiiMotes, simply start bundling M+'s with every new Wii.

It would be cheaper for them to have one remote and no addon´s at all, and I think that we are going to get there when they emptied their existant stock.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.