By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Motion+ go the way of the Balance Board, Wii Speak?

LOL @ OP

Don't know what else to say...

Around the Network

I hope the next Punch Out! has dual wielding Motion+. That would kick ass.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

The fact of saying that they'll use WM+ in Zelda makes me thin that they have better projects than for just a peripheral; I think that sometimes Miyamoto is just not able of speaking correctly (or there is really a translation problem??): he can't think that the WM+ which has a lot of people interested in and a lot of developers who want to use it for their games will be just a peripheral like Wii Speak...or maybe he is hiding something...

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

I believe the question that prompted that was about bundling with the system.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

@Dazkarieh: Go take some English lessons, that's all I have to say. What's funny about it? I mean, someone criticises Nintendo for something that's true and then gets attacked back by hoardes of people who know little to nothing about Nintendo. So what's the deal here? Now I understand those who get annoyed by certain Wii users.

Instead of posting something related to the topic you try to derail the thread so that no one talks about this and can attack the OP for making sense.

The point is, if WM+ makes the WiiMote function like Nintendo wanted from the get go, why not make it the norm instead of just another peripheral. They should set the example and support it the most. Make sure majority of Wii owners have one and release multiple games that use it, even bundling all of them with M+ if necessary.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
trestres said:
@Dazkarieh: Go take some English lessons, that's all I have to say. What's funny about it? I mean, someone criticises Nintendo for something that's true and then gets attacked back by hoardes of people who know little to nothing about Nintendo. So what's the deal here? Now I understand those who get annoyed by certain Wii users.

Instead of posting something related to the topic you try to derail the thread so that no one talks about this and can attack the OP for making sense.

The point is, if WM+ makes the WiiMote function like Nintendo wanted from the get go, why not make it the norm instead of just another peripheral. They should set the example and support it the most. Make sure majority of Wii owners have one and release multiple games that use it, even bundling all of them with M+ if necessary.

Because you don´t answer the ones that actually answer your OP unless it agrees with you.

I answered your question in another post but you ignored it.

Here is my answer again:

it´s not Nintendo´s job to support the hell out of their periferals, they are there for 3rd party´s to use and Nintendo is a small company while keeping that in mind they are doing a great job of supporting most things they release (except for wiispeak so far).

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

I didn't respond to your post because you attacked me for no reason. Plus if you read my last post you will see why I'm concerned. This is not just another peripheral, this is a better WiiMote. Nintendo shoud just forget about the old WiiMote and make M+ the norm, even if there are some games that won't use it. Just bundle it with every new Wii and then also make sure everyone gets one by releasing multiple games that come bundled with it so it really is a new WiiMote rather than another gimmick.

Nintendo made some deals with 3rd parties but they are limited, so not everyone will be buying a M+ with the M+ compatible games, therefore userbase getting divided. IMO it's a bad strategy to consider it a peripheral rather than an update. People have to have it in an almost obligatory fashion in order for it to succeed, because then devs will go for the bigger chunk of the audience, the one that doesn't own a M+.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

No. Wii Motion Plus is going to go the way of the Zapper and Wii Wheel.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

On a side note - Nintendo needs to come out with a better form of communication, Wii Speak is noting but a monitoring device...is there any 3rd party headsets that work with Wii

I see great things to come from wii motion+. I am very, very excited.