By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who will win the next gen?

pterodactyl said:
Gilgamesh said:

Sony

This gen was just a test for Sony, they'll go back to the PS1 and PS2 days next gen and dominate once again.

Not with the ground they've lost to Nintendo and MS. They're in a REALLY tough spot and I'd be surprised to see them even last till next gen.

Last gen you would say the exact same thing about Nintendo, now look at them. Anything could happen, graphics doesn't seem to be a factor anymore for nex gen, so obviously it's going to be some new peripherals or feature thats going to be the winning decider. Obviously Sony won't go high price tag again they'll likely go back to that $299 price tag they always had for the PSOne and PS2, that right there will garuntee high sales.

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:
pterodactyl said:
Gilgamesh said:

Sony

This gen was just a test for Sony, they'll go back to the PS1 and PS2 days next gen and dominate once again.

Not with the ground they've lost to Nintendo and MS. They're in a REALLY tough spot and I'd be surprised to see them even last till next gen.

Last gen you would say the exact same thing about Nintendo, now look at them. Anything could happen, graphics doesn't seem to be a factor anymore for nex gen, so obviously it's going to be some new peripherals or feature thats going to be the winning decider. Obviously Sony won't go high price tag again they'll likely go back to that $299 price tag they always had for the PSOne and PS2, that right there will garuntee high sales.

Yeah but Nintendo didn't LOSE money from any of their consoles, and they've always been more popular and endearing than Sony. They've just been playing it smarter than Sony has, and they continue to do so.

since I remember, no company has ever dominated for three generations in a row, the tendency is two generations in a row

NES SNES PS1 PS2

I think nintendo wll dominate this one and the next one with Wii and SWii then sony will do it right again

I'd like to be like my fahter... to sire a son like myself

Next gen winner will be Sony...they will have learnt a valuable lesson this gen...Microsoft will come close to winning but will be held back because of the japanese sales, they have to succeed in order to complete the tri factor and win any generation.

Nintendo will be last, they will have such a hard time trying to sell their new machines to the casuals, as is already proof the casuals don't care about graphics, so a Wii HD will not convince the casuals to upgrade.
The only way Nintendo could have a chance of winning to is to create a new gimmick which catches the casuals attention, but in the process will need to drop motion controls so that developers are forced to code for the new gimmick....unless this new gimmick some how incorporates the wiimotes...perhaps something like wiimotes+camers, ala Sony camer+wand solution.....the question is, will Nintendo suck it up and borrow this in order to be successful, or will arrogant pride get in there way as they accept another loss, but continue the mantra that they are the innovators and not the followers.

Microsoft will win.all sony consoles are overated ps2 ps3.
no doubt people will shout but ps4 will be failure