By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who will win the next gen?

Nintendo 1st. Then Microsoft 2nd.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

Maybe Nintendo.

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
The_God_of_War said:
If I had to guess I'd say Nintendo, they have the most momentum. Sony have a good chance too, they won't make as many fuck-ups next time. MS I think are the least likely, they'll do very well, I just don't see how they can beat the other two worldwide.

Yeah, they will. Trust me.

^But if the PS4 sells well, nobody pays any attention to those 'fuck-ups'

leo-j said:
Apple will take 90% of the market share, and Microsoft will have the other 5%, MAC will also take half of the PC market, and Sony will be bought by Toshiba ending Playstation.

Because I know the future

the prophet leo-j speaks only truth!! lol, great post leo, I laughed :)

Around the Network

Who knows? we've seen this gen how last gen doesn't mean anything, With Gamcube last place goes into Wii 1st place and Sony 1st place with the incredible PS2 into last place with the PS3 after a series of tragic (or comedic!) mistakes.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Mr Khan said:
Pristine20 said:
Xigmund said:
Next console war M$ probably is going to win.

nah, they have to wait for two gens of the wii.

Whether this is part joking or not, i think this is the case. The shift in winning console company only came around when a fundamental shift was made in the norms of console gaming. Nintendo unseated Atari when they re-worked the console game from an open-platform, 3rd-party free for all development cycle to a closed-platform cycle driven by first-party releases, and also got consoles really popular with the children. Sony changed that by building a console game where 3rd party exclusives were a competitor's best asset, and expanded consoles into the high-school/college demographics. Now Nintendo has changed it to a battle over innovation in user interface, and expanded consoles to seniors and women.

Unless Microsoft or Sony can make a fundamental change to this latest definition of a console, they are going to lose to Nintendo strictly due to momentum, if nothing else. I equally think that Microsoft and Sony will spend the next generation trying to play catch-up with Nintendo in terms of re-building themselves as the everyman's console, while Nintendo continues to push outward. Unless they can cut out ahead of Nintendo with some brilliant move, it won't happen.

This is a quote i wrote for that "Microsoft is the new Sony, Sony new Nintendo" thread. Equally applicable here.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Also, I just can't understand why pepole assume the next gen will begin anywhere in the next 3 years.
Development costs for games are already incredibly high, so imagine what will happen if two years from now the next gen will begin? Every "AAA" games will have more than 100 million dollars development costs, the gaming market just isn't big enough for "the next gen" right now.

I think that the next gen will come in at least 4 years from now, maybe even further than that.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

RageBot said:
Also, I just can't understand why pepole assume the next gen will begin anywhere in the next 3 years.
Development costs for games are already incredibly high, so imagine what will happen if two years from now the next gen will begin? Every "AAA" games will have more than 100 million dollars development costs, the gaming market just isn't big enough for "the next gen" right now.

I think that the next gen will come in at least 4 years from now, maybe even further than that.

h the only game to reach over 100 million was Grand Thief Auto 4 Also I don't think the
Graphics will get any better. Unless we have HD 2 of somthing like that.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

yay for nintendo! boo everyone else : P