By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales predictions. (Monster Hunter 3 :O and Pokemon S/G expected)

Well, not exactly. They said the final shipment can be as high as 1.2 million.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Too high for Bahamut, Saga 2, and TOV PS3. IMO

Tallgeese101 said:
On PSP MH had great initial sales and long legs.

Why dont they think the Wii MH will have legs?

A great number of people who bought MH2G are "casual" gamers and they bought it to socialize with friends.  That's why this game is immortal.

Hardcore MH fans in Japan and Asia have finished this game inside out months ago and they have already moved on.....

Of course, the majority of these hunters will jump right back in when MH3 gets released, but not for uncommitted gamers.  MH3 on the Wii will be very front loaded, just like regular JRPG in Japan.

This is a franchise that takes you hundreds of hours to farm for rare materials so you can go on for the next quest.  If gamers are not truly devoted to this game, they are not going to PAY to play online co-op.  That's why MH on consoles/computer will never be as popular as the handheld version.

MH3 on the Wii doesn't really offer that many new experiences to gamers, in comparison to MH2 on the PS2.  Because of that, a lot of MH gamers in Japan and Asia would rather wait for the PSP version.  Even a 3-year old can figure it out, one day, MH3 will come to PSP.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Soriku said:
ToV is too high. So is MH3's first week. TF could be 1.2 mil+ though. Tales of Vs first week seems a bit high I think, but total seems about right. Bahamut and Saga 2 seem a bit high too.

@wenlan

"MH3 on the Wii doesn't really offer that many new experiences to gamers, in comparison to MH2 on the PS2."

Couldn't that be said for the PSP versions as well?

Well, you get free multiplayer and downloadable quest with PSP versions. So that would be the different experience with the PSP version.

Soriku said:
ToV is too high. So is MH3's first week. TF could be 1.2 mil+ though. Tales of Vs first week seems a bit high I think, but total seems about right. Bahamut and Saga 2 seem a bit high too.

@wenlan

"MH3 on the Wii doesn't really offer that many new experiences to gamers, in comparison to MH2 on the PS2."

i am talking about the "casual gamers" who own a PSP and MH2G.  they are not motivated enough to play MH3 on the Wii

but i would assume the MH3 on the PSP won't be that much different from MH2G

except different quests/monsters/rare weapons and maybe a different sidekick

Around the Network
Soriku said:
You're getting multiplayer and downloadable quests too with MH3...

The keyword is free.

The quests may be free, but it'll cost ya to play with friends.

Soriku said:
You're getting multiplayer and downloadable quests too with MH3...

Soriku, you are still in high school right?  let me ask you this:

if you have a option to choose between playing MH3 ad hoc co-op on PSP for free and playing MH3 online co-op on Wii for $9.99/month

what will you choose and what will your classmates choose?  we are talking about a game that takes you hundreds of hours to master it.

do you think Pokemon will be so popular if Nintendo charge monthly fee to play it?

that's how and why MH became so popular on PSP in Japan.

Soriku said:
wenlan said:
Soriku said:

@wenlan

i am talking about the "casual gamers" who own a PSP and MH2G.  they are not motivated enough to play MH3 on the Wii

but i would assume the MH3 on the PSP won't be that much different from MH2G

except different quests/monsters/rare weapons and maybe a different sidekick

So what about the core gamers? It's kinda obvious the core gamers are going to buy a Wii. And the game's still going to sell 1 mil+.

@outlaw

OK...but you don't know how many people aren't willing to pay, so don't try to argue that.

I don't know why you guys are so heavily trying to downplay it. It's going to sell over 1 mil regardless of what you guys think.

That's his point. The core gamers will buy this up and it'll sell over a million.

But attaching an price tag to multiplayer will always lower potential sales. There is a reason that terrible MMOs such as Maple Story and Runescape can exist.

And he's not saying that no wants to/will not play it. Just that it won't have the legs of the PSP titles. Famitsu agrees.

Soriku said:

So what about the core gamers? It's kinda obvious the core gamers are going to buy a Wii. And the game's still going to sell 1 mil+.

@outlaw

OK...but you don't know how many people aren't willing to pay, so don't try to argue that.

I don't know why you guys are so heavily trying to downplay it. It's going to sell over 1 mil regardless of what you guys think.

yes, hardcore MH fans will follow this franchise no matter where it goes.

are there more than 1 million hardcore MH fans in Japan?  we will see.  but i have to say, monthly fee is a big turn off.

Soriku said:
"Just that it won't have the legs of the PSP titles."

Uh...everybody knows that (except rout, lol).

Exactly. That's all wenlan was saying.

The more casual MH fans will likely wait for the next PSP game which'll come in 2010 most likely.