By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 40Gig all that bad?

Now I know there's already like 90 topics considering this issue, but I was just thinking, with all this press following the 40 Gig, what do you think the chances of a 499 80gig? or a 449 60 gig? I mean personally if I could pick up the 80 gig, that does EVERYTIHNG, has all bells and wistles of the original 60 gig for 499? Man I'd be all over that the day of :D

If this 399 model drops the 80 down to 499 then I for one am a MAJOR supporter.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

They will phase the 60gig out - that is my guess - and replace with the 80gig.

That price cut was always coming - not so sure what happens to the bonus game.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

We will see the 40gb in north america, if its sucessful in europe.

It may go flop, or it may go heaven.

mM

I have a feeling it will spread like wild fire in europe lol. Its a damn cheap blu-ray player and it will in fact play playstation 3 and PSN games. It's definately a next gen cosole still :D

No matter what Sony cuts out of the 40 Gig its still a great idea, anything that gets the PS3 closer to a mass market price is good for the PS3,  lots of people are concerned about Sony making to much loss and shareholders getting cold feet but for gamers and the gaming market this is great. Gamers can spend those extra 100-200$ on games (what this industry is actually about) and Nintendo and Microsoft have to get off their butts and start more action themselfs. Everybody wins, but the real winners are the people who only whant a PS3 to play the new games but couldn´t afford it till now, they lucked out and I am happy for all of them, get that console and enjoy the games you like. THE END

Around the Network
ChronotriggerJM said:
I have a feeling it will spread like wild fire in europe lol. Its a damn cheap blu-ray player and it will in fact play playstation 3 and PSN games. It's definately a next gen cosole still :D

Thats a big question nobody can answer yet, do people want the console or the Blue-ray ??? Is it a gift or a burden ??? Many love that feature but can they make up for those who would rather pay less and not have it ??? Its really hard to say and it may never become clear if it helped or hidered in the long run.

I really don't know how the market will react, if you buy one, you have to buy a PS3 game, you cant depend of your PS2 games to keep you busy until the great games come (Yes there is some games now, but a lot of fans are waiting for the Great ones)...

So, whats the point??? Get one with the current catalog, or simple don't get one until the Great Ones come out.

I really don't know how the market will react (Probably high sales the first week, and just a fall of 75% the next...)

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
El Duderino said:
No matter what Sony cuts out of the 40 Gig its still a great idea, anything that gets the PS3 closer to a mass market price is good for the PS3,  lots of people are concerned about Sony making to much loss and shareholders getting cold feet but for gamers and the gaming market this is great. Gamers can spend those extra 100-200$ on games (what this industry is actually about) and Nintendo and Microsoft have to get off their butts and start more action themselfs. Everybody wins, but the real winners are the people who only whant a PS3 to play the new games but couldn´t afford it till now, they lucked out and I am happy for all of them, get that console and enjoy the games you like. THE END

Exactly, Sony needs to be competitive

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Yeah very true, but I have a feeling that by the time the console drops, there should be a few (hoping on major) hits for the system. Uncharted and Ratchet are supposed to arive around that time no?

^^ True the timing is very good, still I´m not sure if its better to get a medium hype now for the hollydays and another after (with da big guns) or to save energy and start the new year with blazing guns. But hey I´m no market analyst (and we all know how good they have been lately) still it might be best go get the install base as high as possible during the hollydays to impress some 3rd partys.... questions over questions...