By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation 3 Slim... Madden Bundle in August?

http://www.nextgn.com/2009/07/20/playstation-3-slimmadden-bundle-coming-in-august/

In the latest Listen UP (1UP.com’s weekly podcast) episode, David Ellis revealed a new rumor saying that the PS3 Slim is coming in August and that it will bundled with Madden NFL 10.

The transcript below can be heard at the 01:26:14 mark

“It’s gonna be in August. Everything I’ve heard says it’s coming in August, it’s tied with Madden.”

Sony already confirmed a three hours long press conference for GamesCom on August 18 and Madden’s release date is August 14.

According to Ellis that’s one of the reasons for Activision’s CEO “threat” against Sony – because they are tieing the release of the PS3 Slim with an EA game and not an Activision title.

Hmm, very interesting.

I think that this is bull, but you never know. If GamesCom was BEFORE Maddens release, id belive it.

Around the Network

To boost sales in America, could be a smart decision.

It would be a very smart move... but i just dont see it happening.

i still don;t think there is a slim

If its true then it should sell really well.

Around the Network

it's funny that with all the PS3 Slim rumors, if there isnt one Sony will have to deal with an angry mob of people who were counting on a rumor to be true, seems they cant win for losing.

rckrz6 said:

i still don;t think there is a slim

I don't think there's a PS3 at all.

good for SONY if it happens

It will never happen.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

If that's the real reason for the blackmailing Kotick did, then I'm actually hoping Activision crash and burns. It's just greedy, dishonest and arrogant beyond all accounts.

On another note, I'm trading my 40GB PS3 for the Slim if it brings PS2 BC with it.