By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony says "the 40GB model will be the only SKU in the SCEE region"

fkusumot said:
albionus said:
naznatips said:
albionus said:
Chadius said:
Soriku said:
^ No. It's gone for good.

With all the bungles and (currently!) unproven PS3 library, I really, REALLY want to believe Sony will put BC back in.

Didn't you read the press release, this Christmas the PS3 will have 65 games across all genres, that's 65 GAMES ACROSS ALL GENRES!!!!!! With a lineup like that who needs access to 1,000 2,000+ PS2 games.

Hey, 1000+ includes 2000+ . I thought it was over 2,000 but I wasn't sure. The important thing is that for many future PS3 owners that number will be 0.

Actually, it's a clever ploy. Sony can re-release them for the PS3.

...not helping my faith here...

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Around the Network
dgm6780 said:
outlaw makes a good point, who has a mountain of PS2 titles laying around that are so important to them but dont have a PS2???

Maybe because people don't want to have two sets of controllers, wiring, power bricks all around their tv.

im sure they are just pulling a bait thing here, when they sell out release a 80 gig with a decreased price, but yep it looks like its being used to force increase in sales

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
HappySqurriel said:

I have to give it to Sony, there are very few companies that can turn anything (no matter how positive it would seem in it inital meetings) into a negative thing ...

I have a Crusty the Clown doll
That's good
The Clown is Cursed
That's bad
But it comes with a free Frogurt
That's good
The frogurt is also cursed
That's bad
But the frogurt comes with your choice of topping
That's good
The toppings contain potassium benzoate
That's bad!

roflmao

"Can I go now"

---

"To the book depository

dgm6780 said:
outlaw makes a good point, who has a mountain of PS2 titles laying around that are so important to them but dont have a PS2???

well i sold my GC with one controller and three games last October, because i knew the Wii would play my remaining GC games....then bought a Wii finally in February (went in one Gamestation and pre-ordered, got it within a week)

If i had done that with PS2 and was currently saving money for a PS3 i would be pretty annoyed that a quicker way to get my PS3 (cheaper=less saving time) means no PS2 playing.

Around the Network

I just realized something: the new controllers with rumble probably won't come out until the 60GB PS3s are sold out.

So in Europe gamers have to decide between:
-PS2 games, no rumble. Spending extra €€ for rumble controllers when they come out.
-two controllers with rumble, no PS2 games. Spending extra €€ for a PS2 to play PS2 games.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

dtewi said:
Just when you were about to get great sales you f$@#ed it up again Sony.

You really are the biggest wii fanboy idiot on here.

Are you really that freaking stupid ?

$399 scares yopu ehh wii kiddy. 

Hi Hus! *waves*

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

melbye said:
i have no intention of buying a console that isn't backwards-compatible

I have no intention of buying a GC as a next gen console.

hi hus i mean 55555

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.