By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony says "the 40GB model will be the only SKU in the SCEE region"

They can't do this! They were that much closer to getting a foothold in Europe, a lead over the 360 that would be worthwhile. Now this?

I hope this isn't true, not just for my Sony fanism but for my friends Sont fanism that haven't got a PS3 yet.

Around the Network

Just when you were about to get great sales you f$@#ed it up again Sony.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I just read the news article about this, it seems they are totally taking out BC, and i wouldn't think they will add it at a later date jjseth because that's not Sonys style, if they were even thinking about adding it later they would have said that in the article (unless they really were "blackmailing" customers into buying the 60G now)

And i do find it strange that the EU keeps losing out on other versions, i mean wasn't the point of the 2 SKUs to have a choice(now 4 SKUs in total...well more seeing as the EU 60G is different to others)

Is Japan still getting the original 20/60G offer?, if so maybe they are using Japan to clear out the excess stock for the original SKUs that they hadn't already properly converted/shipped to EU/America.

i mean there were 5.5 million of the original two right? or had they already started making the 80G by then?

TWRoO: If the timelines are right in my mind, I think they had started manufacturing 80 GB units already. And don't forget that European 60 GB units are different from Japanese (and American) ones, no EE included.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Sounds like they're taking it out and adding BC at a later date.

Still sounds like a terrible move to me.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Around the Network

I bet they will drop in the 80 GB eventually. Call it lying, but it's business and they want to get people to get the 60GB.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

stupid move, they have to have BC coming back if not, this could mess them up bad

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Soriku said:
^ No. It's gone for good.

With all the bungles and (currently!) unproven PS3 library, I really, REALLY want to believe Sony will put BC back in.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

I thought with Kutaragi gone the Playstation division was supposed to be under sane leadership. Looks like it isn't.

Chadius said:
Soriku said:
^ No. It's gone for good.

With all the bungles and (currently!) unproven PS3 library, I really, REALLY want to believe Sony will put BC back in.

Didn't you read the press release, this Christmas the PS3 will have 65 games across all genres, that's 65 GAMES ACROSS ALL GENRES!!!!!!  With a lineup like that who needs access to 1,000+ PS2 games.