By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Screenwriter: Halo is "Our Generation's Star Wars"

Minus the story?

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
Actually, Star Wars is our generations Star Wars since it is very much alive and kicking to this day. And if there is an heir, I'd much sooner crown Mass Effect to be honest.

The only thing Starwars is kicking right now is its once proud legacy. The prequel movies were hard to watch, let alone enjoy.

This generations Starwars was split up between Firefly and BattleStar Galactica, only one of which got the success it deserved. As for halo, unless the books have really good stories, I don't really see it. The games are fun, sure, but their stories aren't all that enthralling.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
Mummelmann said:
Actually, Star Wars is our generations Star Wars since it is very much alive and kicking to this day. And if there is an heir, I'd much sooner crown Mass Effect to be honest.

The only thing Starwars is kicking right now is its once proud legacy. The prequel movies were hard to watch, let alone enjoy.

This generations Starwars was split up between Firefly and BattleStar Galactica, only one of which got the success it deserved. As for halo, unless the books have really good stories, I don't really see it. The games are fun, sure, but their stories aren't all that enthralling.

The prequel movies could have been good but they made one fatal flaw; the main character is annoying as all hell.

That Lloyd kid is a worse actor than Van Damme (and he doesn't even do splits) and irritated me to the point where I almost couldn't bear watching anymore and Hayden Christensen is a naggy emo kid with a perpetual pout and the intimidation factor of a Mongolian shoeshiner (who could believe he was "evil"? he appeared more like a spoiled whinebag who hadn't gotten his fix of praise by mom and dad that day or had had a cut in allowance).

Don't even get me started on Binks...

Either way, there are some decent Star Wars games around still and a few halfway promising ones on their way so its not entirely dead.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

i completely agree with his statement, their isnt any other video game series that has commanded a ad campaign,movie trailer for game in theaters,on soda,clothes,toys,replicated full suit armor,and media blitz like the halo series and has the sales to prove it.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

LOL don't make me laugh...

Halo is nowhere near the international phenomena known as Star Wars...not even close. One is a videogame series which spawned off some novels whereas the other is a premiere movie franchise which also sold several bestseller novels (hard to believe but ok) and actually have their own videogame franchise.

If Halo is to be compared to any movie franchise, it would have to be Rambo. Not known for its story, but hella entertaining.

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

Our generations Star Wars movies were crap, so its nothing special if halo is the new "star wars".

XxXProphecyXxX said:
Aion said:
I agree Halo is so underrated and hated too much.

Underated?!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........

Damn straight!

At first it was slightly overrated but then everybody started hating it and now its underrated!

Why does everyone hate the prequels? Every Star Wars movie is shit.

Whoa it's epic but not that epic!