By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Screenwriter: Halo is "Our Generation's Star Wars"

Mendicate Bias said:
Akvod said:
Mendicate Bias said:
@Akvod and every other person who's never played through the Halo games or read the novels yet seems to be an expert on the story

The story is a massive part of the game and is what draws a hefty part of the fanbase back to Bungie. The Halo novels have all been huge and have appeared multiple times on the New York Times bestsellers list so you clearly don't realise how important the story is to people. The Fall of Reach has been compared to some of the greatet sci-fi novels ever like Enders Game and more so if you think the Halo story is lacking then you clearly have no idea what the story is about or you simply don't like sci-fi.

Errr have I said that I'm an expert of Halo's story, or even talk about Halo's story? I was simply defending another poster. I've talked about GOW, Hitman, and Deus Ex's stories. But I never said they were superior to Halo's story. So please don't use my name and lie about me.

Yea sorry aboutt hat I don't know why I used your name, I think I was distracted at the time and meant to write down another users name but wrote yours by accident.

It's ok I make tons of accidents XD

You're not a liar.

Around the Network

@Akvod

haha thanks :)

On a side note seeing as how spiderman was the first good comic book movie, what do you guys think is going to be the first good video game movie?

My bet is on Halo if they can get it into production and Bungie and MS stay firm and don't sell out. I think the uncharted movie has a good chance too but finding the right actor for Nathan Drake is going to be important.

I'm worried about the GoW movie though :/

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Mendicate Bias said:
@Akvod

On a side note seeing as how spiderman was the first good comic book movie, what do you guys think is going to be the first good video game movie?

My bet is on Halo if they can get it into production and Bungie and MS stay firm and don't sell out. I think the uncharted movie has a good chance too but finding the right actor for Nathan Drake is going to be important.

Spiderman was not the first good comic book movie-- both Superman and Batman were good movies and released years ahead of them.  Spiderman just kicked off the comic book movie craze that we have seen in the past few years (which appears to be slowing as of late, with one or two obvious exceptions).

However, I think Halo can be a decent Sci-fi flick, but I don't think it will do anything new or different (except be the first good movie based on a video game).  All other projects that I have heard about do not inspire confidence in me. 

Don't get me wrong... I love Halo... and I LOVE Star Wars.... but comparing the two?... No.

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

Lo ne day for me! Star wars is great but its very done! Halo is mew fresh and exciting

Around the Network
Davey1983 said:
Mendicate Bias said:
@Akvod

On a side note seeing as how spiderman was the first good comic book , what do you guys think is going to be the first good video game movie?

My bet is on if they can get it into production and Bungie and MS stay firm and don't sell out. I think the uncharted movie has a good chance too but finding the right actor for Nathan Drake is going to be important.

Spiderman was not the first good comic book movie-- both Superman and Batman were good movies and released years ahead of them. Spiderman just kicked off the comic book movie craze that we have seen in the past few years (which appears to be slowing as of late, with one or two obvious exceptions).

However, I think Halo can be a decent Sci-fi flick, but I don't think it will do anything new or different (except be the first good movie based on a video game). All other projects that I have heard about do not inspire confidence in me.

You thought the early Superman and Batman movies were good? The superman movies were horrible and the batman movies were ok but they were no where near the level of the original spiderman movie. That was the first comic movie that was able to appeal to a wide audience no matter their background because it told a great story with believable actors and great action. You can't even compare the early comic book movies to Spiderman.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Mendicate Bias said:
Davey1983 said:
Mendicate Bias said:
@Akvod

On a side note seeing as how spiderman was the first good comic book , what do you guys think is going to be the first good video game movie?

My bet is on if they can get it into production and Bungie and MS stay firm and don't sell out. I think the uncharted movie has a good chance too but finding the right actor for Nathan Drake is going to be important.

Spiderman was not the first good comic book movie-- both Superman and Batman were good movies and released years ahead of them. Spiderman just kicked off the comic book movie craze that we have seen in the past few years (which appears to be slowing as of late, with one or two obvious exceptions).

However, I think Halo can be a decent Sci-fi flick, but I don't think it will do anything new or different (except be the first good movie based on a video game). All other projects that I have heard about do not inspire confidence in me.

You thought the early Superman and Batman movies were good? The superman movies were horrible and the batman movies were ok but they were no where near the level of the original spiderman movie. That was the first comic movie that was able to appeal to a wide audience no matter their background because it told a great story with believable actors and great action. You can't even compare the early comic book movies to Spiderman.

The first Batman movie by Tim Burton (not the Adam West movie-- but even that movie was popular and accepted by the general public when it released) and the first Superman movie were both good movies that the general public enjoyed and accepted.  The sequels to those movies were unbelievably bad, but the first movie in each series were the first good comic book movies.  Do I think Spiderman is better?  Yes, but I think it is a mistake to dismiss the other movies I mentioned.  Spiderman was not the first good comic book movie-- it did show that comic book movies did not have to be campy like the batman (ie, Batman Forever) and superman (time travel?-- really?) sequels were (which is what the general public started to think of when talking about comic book movies).

And, if we want to be technical, X-men released in 2000, while Spiderman released in 2002-- and X-men was a good film that the general public liked and accepted (not to the same degree as Spiderman, but any movie that has two sequels and several spinoffs in the works is a success).

Mendicate Bias the original spiderman film was in the 70's and itwas f'in awfull!

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups