By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Screenwriter: Halo is "Our Generation's Star Wars"

yo_john117 said:
Mummelmann said:
Citan said:
yo_john117 said:
Citan said:
yo_john117 said:
libellule said:
pure asshole comments

I mean... outside some Xbox fans (whatever they are 10-15M), mainly concentrated in NA
NOBODY knows Halo ...

To say the truth, Transformers has more appeal than Halo
considering how shitty is Transformers, all is said !

Absolutly not true.  Everybody, and i mean EVERY single person i know knows about Halo in some way shape or form...

The world is not big in your eyes, ey mate?

Ah your from Norway...that explains it.  Its an American thing.  Basically everybody in America has at least heard of Halo.

Well I could say the same thing about you mate. Everybody? Is america the world? Do you count Canada, middle-america and south-america a part of america, or only the us?

US citizens rarely include anything south of the US, or even Canada when they say "America". This is also something we Europeans do most times. But it is rather like saying Europe and only meaning Scandinavia.

Dessuten er de jo glade i å late som om USA er hele verden disse Amerikanerne...

god dolke på amerikanerne.

Haha. Good "dolke" yes. Haha.

Try another translator.

Around the Network
Citan said:
yo_john117 said:
Mummelmann said:
Citan said:
yo_john117 said:
Citan said:
yo_john117 said:
libellule said:
pure asshole comments

I mean... outside some Xbox fans (whatever they are 10-15M), mainly concentrated in NA
NOBODY knows Halo ...

Absolutly not true.  Everybody, and i mean EVERY single person i know knows about Halo in some way shape or form...

Ah your from Norway...that explains it.  Its an American thing.  Basically everybody in America has at least heard of Halo.

Well I could say the same thing about you mate. Everybody? Is america the world? Do you count Canada, middle-america and south-america a part of america, or only the us?

US citizens rarely include anything south of the US, or even Canada when they say "America". This is also something we Europeans do most times. But it is rather like saying Europe and only meaning Scandinavia.

Dessuten er de jo glade i å late som om USA er hele verden disse Amerikanerne...

Try another translator.

Perhaps its the official Petter Solberg translator.

"I hit some moose on the road!"

Like I said the story in the Halo games is not that great (atleast in the Halo trilogy). But if put time in reading the books/comics etc you discover a very huge universe that is incredible deep. It is not yet this generations Star wars but it is getting close.

Not even close.

Saying Halo is this generations Star Wars is worse than saying transformers is this generations star wars.

@Akvod and every other person who's never played through the Halo games or read the novels yet seems to be an expert on the story

The story is a massive part of the game and is what draws a hefty part of the fanbase back to Bungie. The Halo novels have all been huge and have appeared multiple times on the New York Times bestsellers list so you clearly don't realise how important the story is to people. The Fall of Reach has been compared to some of the greatet sci-fi novels ever like Enders Game and more so if you think the Halo story is lacking then you clearly have no idea what the story is about or you simply don't like sci-fi.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Around the Network
-Newcloud- said:
lol i dont think it is.. halo is IMO overrated and with the series been milked to death it wont last long

How the hell is it being milked to death?!?  It has 4 freaking games out right now, with 2 more that are known, and each game (so far) Has pretty much (sans Halo Wars, which is still a really damn good game) been an AAA game.  They are milking it, but they are doing a damn good job with it and releasing top notch games.

Citan said:
yo_john117 said:
Mummelmann said:
Citan said:
yo_john117 said:
Citan said:
yo_john117 said:
libellule said:
pure asshole comments

NOBODY knows Halo ...

Try another translator.

Hey, google translator is pretty good.

Bollocks! lord of the rings was the Star Wars of our time. Halo was the quake of our time

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

joshin69 said:
Bollocks! lord of the rings was the Star Wars of our time. Halo was the quake of our time

The books published in the 50's and the writer died in the 70's  and you say that is our time?

well, this generation's star wars movies (I, II, III) suck balls...so that's hardly a compliment.