By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Screenwriter: Halo is "Our Generation's Star Wars"

Mummelmann said:
Citan said:
yo_john117 said:
Citan said:
yo_john117 said:
libellule said:
pure asshole comments

I mean... outside some Xbox fans (whatever they are 10-15M), mainly concentrated in NA
NOBODY knows Halo ...

To say the truth, Transformers has more appeal than Halo
considering how shitty is Transformers, all is said !

Absolutly not true.  Everybody, and i mean EVERY single person i know knows about Halo in some way shape or form...

The world is not big in your eyes, ey mate?

Ah your from Norway...that explains it.  Its an American thing.  Basically everybody in America has at least heard of Halo.

Well I could say the same thing about you mate. Everybody? Is america the world? Do you count Canada, middle-america and south-america a part of america, or only the us?

US citizens rarely include anything south of the US, or even Canada when they say "America". This is also something we Europeans do most times. But it is rather like saying Europe and only meaning Scandinavia.

Dessuten er de jo glade i å late som om USA er hele verden disse Amerikanerne...

god dolke på amerikanerne.

Around the Network

Star Wars is every generations Star Wars.

Halo doesn't quite reach the popularity and appeal that Star Wars has.

But Halo is so much better than Star Wars. it only doesn't have a Yoda.

yo_john117 said:
NKAJ said:
yo_john117 said:
Citan said:
yo_john117 said:
libellule said:
pure asshole comments

I mean... outside some Xbox fans (whatever they are 10-15M), mainly concentrated in NA
NOBODY knows Halo ...

To say the truth, Transformers has more appeal than Halo
considering how shitty is Transformers, all is said !

Absolutly not true.  Everybody, and i mean EVERY single person i know knows about Halo in some way shape or form...

The world is not big in your eyes, ey mate?

Ah your from Norway...that explains it.  Its an American thing.  Basically everybody in America has at least heard of Halo.

yeah and since when has america been the world,halo may be big but it isnt that big

Where did i say America was the whole world?  And yes Halo is that big...

halo isnt that big,its not as famous mario.And wheras halos popularity is mainly limited to america star wars isnt

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

stof said:
Is there anyone out there who actually enjoyed those awful prequel movies? And if so, can they explain to me how they were able to sit through them, let alone enjoy them?

'Meh' is my review of the prequels.

George Lucas shouldn't have directed them himself. For the previous trilogy he only directed the first one. Moviewise there were many odd things in the prequels. The script and pacing didn't work well or sometimes not at all. That lovestory didn't convince for an inch. And the lack of actual funny humor was the saddest thing to notice. Sure the action is 'great and huge' but still fell short what the first trilogy delivered. That was action with a point, a storyarc.

I remember reading the comments on Gametrailers when they posted a spectacular trailer for Star wars the old republic. And basically eveyone said that this trailer was better then the prequels and i agree. 

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network

maybe it depends on your definition of "star wars" but to me harry potter is our generations star wars.

kitler53 said:
maybe it depends on your definition of "star wars" but to me harry potter is our generations star wars.

Harry potter is great (movies are very well done) but fantasy. I think we're talking about science fiction and it's generations.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

That screenwriter is on drugs. Or rather just hyping his next project.

Halo is THE best story in videogame history by a massive margin. I said over a year ago, Halo os the closet thing to Star Wars in terms of cult following, epic saga story, and fresh SCI FI feeling.

Fall Of Reach book, is the best SCI FI book Ive read along with the Star Wars novels. Halo will make one of the best SCI FI films since Return of The Jedi in 1983.

selnor said:
Halo is THE best story in videogame history by a massive margin. I said over a year ago, Halo os the closet thing to Star Wars in terms of cult following, epic saga story, and fresh SCI FI feeling.

Fall Of Reach book, is the best SCI FI book Ive read along with the Star Wars novels. Halo will make one of the best SCI FI films since Return of The Jedi in 1983.

and here comes mr.fanboy.

LOL i cant believe you think halo's story is the best in vieogames,youv obvioulsy never played most games then.

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"