By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Conduit June sales (NPD - 2 weeks) - 71,913

"MadWorld did about 60k in its first month I believe.

This, along with the terrible performance in Others... The Conduit has to be one of the biggest critical and commercial flops this gen."

If we are going to talk about the biggest bombs of this gen then sales of the PS3 is the biggest bomb sales wise

Around the Network
mhsillen said:

This, along with the terrible performance in Others... The Conduit has to be one of the biggest critical and commercial flops this gen."

If we are going to talk about the biggest bombs of this gen then sales of the PS3 is the biggest bomb sales wise

lol, okey hurt you feelings, leave the ps3 out this.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

???

VGC overtracked it by more than 200%? That's 10x the margin of error, and only meets HALF of what was predicted by SimExchange.

That *is* pretty sad that another Wii game bombs after everyone is already sure it has a successful start. It only makes the disappointment that much harder to accept.

I just don't understand how VGC could be so off. If it was 171,913, OK, but this is weird. Even weirder is the small amount of leverage it has over......Madworld.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

no hurt feelings, just someone looking for a reaction and he got one.

psrock said:
mhsillen said:

lol, okey hurt you feelings, leave the ps3 out this.

Well, the PS3 has sold over 20 million copies. It stands up there as one of the biggest selling games of this generation, even more than Wii Fit. I assume we are talking about games, since that was what OkeyDokey was discussing.

Around the Network
ontanaHatchet said:
scottie said:
@ Montanna - their sample size is huge, which certainly helps. But that is only half of it. I am not convinced that their maths is correct. The fact that no-one knows their methodology (ie do they deliberately undertrack a game if they overtracked last month) certainly doesn't help me believe them

If we can't trust NPD, who can we trust? Vgchartz? I do, but neither source is entirely accurate. I trust both sources, and I give NPD more weight for their larger sample size. We know how Vgchartz gathers data, but we don't know all the workings of it either. I say, go with whatever source tells you what you want to hear.

Video_Game_Critic: If anyone here is a fanboy, it's you buddy. I posted a link. Having my gamertag in my signature doesn't mean that much when I actually own all the consoles (save for the PS3, still in repair).

I quote the link you sent.

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=4209

The Conduit
i
Sega

MontanaHatchet said:

If we can't trust NPD, who can we trust? Vgchartz? I do, but neither source is entirely accurate. I trust both sources, and I give NPD more weight for their larger sample size. We know how Vgchartz gathers data, but we don't know all the workings of it either. I say, go with whatever source tells you what you want to hear.

Ok, cool. A lot of people consider the NPD numbers to be completely correct, not even off by 1. Then they say that VGChartz was off by exactly the difference between the VGC and NPD numbers. That just really frustrates me.

Anyway, it seems like in this case, both VGC and NPD were quite wrong with their conduit numbers and the true number is somewhere in between

@Critic

That's the preview, so that would be our numbers. Not sure what that link is meant to prove about NPD

Video_Game_Critic: Wow, just wow. That is not the right link at all. Those were estimates that this site posted of what they think NPD would come out with.

Stop, just stop.

Well, the PS3 has sold over 20 million copies. It stands up there as one of the biggest selling games of this generation, even more than Wii Fit. I assume we are talking about games, since that was what OkeyDokey was discussing

He did not say specify games.