By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Whats with all the hate on Halo?

Halo 1 and 2 were also on the pc.

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

I LOVED, the FIRST Halo (AKA Halo 1) Fun as HELL, was freaking sweet on the xbox, BUT i loved it much more on PC, Better graphics Better online better everthing.

But the game itself was awesome and made of win!

Even still, you cant force others to like something you do, so the point of this thread is meaningless, i'll tell ya what... for example, no one will ever make me like Halo 2 or Halo 3, there both NOTHING to what the original was, and its that simple.

But why??  They both improved so much over each other, and i mean in every tiny aspect (story, scope, MP, graphics, features).  I think you should play some lan games of Halo 3 and see just how fun it is.  Is it because its not a novelty anymore, and feels done before? (thats my best guess)

gergroy said:
lol, yo_john, did you make this thread to convince people that hate halo not to hate it? It's going to be like talking to a solid wall, nothing is going to get through. i think most people mostly just hate it because of the console it is associated with, has nothing to do with the game

No, I know that nobody's gonna be convinced, but i just want to know the logic behind the hate.  

I don't think everyone that votes down Halo are haters. (There are always some fanboys, on all sides...) Heck, that would mean that everyone that votes down Metroid Prime are Metroid Prime haters. And there's a lot of people voting down FFX as well, but I don't think all those people hates it.
I vote down Halo but I don't hate it.

Samus Aran said:

Yeah....but when most people think halo they think Xbox, not PC

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:

Halo 1 was even on mac

yo_john117 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

I LOVED, the FIRST Halo (AKA Halo 1) Fun as HELL, was freaking sweet on the xbox, BUT i loved it much more on PC, Better graphics Better online better everthing.

But the game itself was awesome and made of win!

Even still, you cant force others to like something you do, so the point of this thread is meaningless, i'll tell ya what... for example, no one will ever make me like Halo 2 or Halo 3, there both NOTHING to what the original was, and its that simple.

But why??  They both improved so much over each other, and i mean in every tiny aspect (story, scope, MP, graphics, features).  I think you should play some lan games of Halo 3 and see just how fun it is.  Is it because its not a novelty anymore, and feels done before? (thats my best guess)

Ugh I have to agree with yo_yohn117.  why?

@John- No, but i'll give you my Answer...or rather... Answers.....

1. Halo was a One-Of-A-Kind at the time, therefore it was a thing of popular gaming in the 6th gen, i admit even i enjoyed VERY much.

2. A sequel Ruined it for me because i could careless about the story and all that sort of thing, i sure as hell am not gonna read any frickin books on a damn FPS game, this ain't a MMORPG or JRPG here...

3. Halo 2 came out when there were more options, i think i got into Black and one other at the time as far as i go, and Halo 3... I have WAY many more options, TimeShift for example is my FAVE FPS of this gen, it innovates more then any other FPS of all time imo, then there also KZ2 and battlefield, but i hardly play FPS at all now an days unless some friends wanna get together.

---

{~So those are my Answers~} 

Halo was popular at the time, so i got into it and liked it.

Didn't care for Halo 2 since other FPS's came out like BLACK.

Halo 3 is shit VS games like TimeShift, sure many others may not agree, but i dont give a rats ass, its my taste and i think Freezeing Time and Blowing someone to Hell and back is FUN rather then Dual-Wielding and Sticky nading peope then Teabaging them all day long only to get6 SCREAMED at in the end by a buncha 12 year olds.

Hmm I have to agree Timeshift innovated but I was not really a fan of it. (and I have it) The books of Halo are also alone for the big fans of the Halo universe the others just care about the Multiplayer (mostly though).

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

@John- No, but i'll give you my Answer...or rather... Answers.....

1. Halo was a One-Of-A-Kind at the time, therefore it was a thing of popular gaming in the 6th gen, i admit even i enjoyed VERY much.

2. A sequel Ruined it for me because i could careless about the story and all that sort of thing, i sure as hell am not gonna read any frickin books on a damn FPS game, this ain't a MMORPG or JRPG here...

3. Halo 2 came out when there were more options, i think i got into Black and one other at the time as far as i go, and Halo 3... I have WAY many more options, TimeShift for example is my FAVE FPS of this gen, it innovates more then any other FPS of all time imo, then there also KZ2 and battlefield, but i hardly play FPS at all now an days unless some friends wanna get together.

---

{~So those are my Answers~} 

Halo was popular at the time, so i got into it and liked it.

Didn't care for Halo 2 since other FPS's came out like BLACK.

Halo 3 is shit VS games like TimeShift, sure many others may not agree, but i dont give a rats ass, its my taste and i think Freezeing Time and Blowing someone to Hell and back is FUN rather then Dual-Wielding and Sticky nading peope then Teabaging them all day long only to get6 SCREAMED at in the end by a buncha 12 year olds.

I lol'd.  But good answer.

Lastly though, you should really read the Halo books, I know you'd think they would suck and have shitty stories, but really they are some of the best books i have ever read.  Once you read them you realize that the Halo story is as deep if not deeper than most story-driven games.  Its not like you have anything to lose...