By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Whats with all the hate on Halo?

Timeshift? More like Timeshite.

Sorry, but that game was garbage........... sure, it had gimmicks, but they were implemented poorly.

Around the Network
zaMy said:
yo_john117 said:

I don't get it why does the majority of people on this site hate Halo with such a passion?  I know the majority of them haven't played it, so why hate it?  Is it because its too popular?  Is it because you want it on your choice system but can't have it? Is it because you got destroyed the one time you played, and now hate it because you suck at it?  Is it because you have no friends that play it (Cause Halo isn't quite as fun if you have no friends to play it with) 

I can understand not liking the game, but there is absolutly no reason to hate it.  And each Halo has improved massive amounts above the prior one.

So how about the haters stop hating on Halo, play it, and read the books.  And you'll find you enjoy it alot more.

Because the franchise is getting milked. Thats why I hate Mario and now GuitarHero franchises, they just keep releasing crap and make millions off those games, meanwhile other companies are making really great quality games and not getting much. I've always liked Sonys consoles and nintendo handhelds for some reason, but I have to admit Halo was one of the funnest franchises Ive EVER played. I LOVED playing multiplayer ect. with friends. After Halo3 the series got ruined for me. Halo WARS Halo3 ODST Halo Reach Halo Chronicles all these halo games but I dont wanna play any of them, they're just rip offs of Halo3. I want a Halo4. See guitar Hero was going good but after the fourth one they ruind it. They are releasing 6 GH games this year! DJ Hero, Band Hero, Guitar Hero5, Guitar Hero: Metallica, Guitar Hero: Van Hallen and Guitar Hero: Smash Hits. When companies do stuff like this, it ruins the series and makes the consumers realize the developers dont give a shit about our gaming experience, they just want our money and that they will do that EVERY WAY possible.

Actually from what i hear Halo: Reach is the next big official Halo title complete with a new SP campaign, and a new MP.  Its technically Halo 4 but they can't name a game Halo 4 because the masterchief story (supossedly) ended with Halo 3.  They didn't call it finishing the fight for no reason with 3.

And if developers can milk a game, yet still make virtually every release very good then more power to them

And do you like Gears of War 2 Horde mode at all?

*Slaps Ron*

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
*Slaps Ron*

You might want to punch me next............... why?............. cos even Prey, Frontlines: fuel of war and Quake 4 own Time shite

I would suppose its because Halo perfected multiplayer, and 5 years after Halo 2 still no one else has been able to even match that in longevity. hell, what other FPS can you turn into a racing game where you only have the guns of the back of the cars to stop the other team from getting the most laps while holding the blue flag on a custom made map with over 16 people? And if you manage to get them out of the car you have to duke it out samurai style with two/three clashing swords? And there is only one gun in the map, the almighty laser, with which  takes a fairly accurate shot to control. meanwhile while racing your own team, the other team sets up traps and ambushes along the way that the the other team must constantly avoid with the flag.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

O_O *GASP* ... BLASPHEMY!!!!

*Drop-Kicks Ron Drake Style!!11*

yo_john117 said:

I don't get it why does the majority of people on this site hate Halo with such a passion?  I know the majority of them haven't played it, so why hate it?  Is it because its too popular?  Is it because you want it on your choice system but can't have it? Is it because you got destroyed the one time you played, and now hate it because you suck at it?  Is it because you have no friends that play it (Cause Halo isn't quite as fun if you have no friends to play it with) 

I can understand not liking the game, but there is absolutly no reason to hate it.  And each Halo has improved massive amounts above the prior one.

So how about the haters stop hating on Halo, play it, and read the books.  And you'll find you enjoy it alot more.

I bought Halo for the PC a few years ago.  I mean, it was a good 5-6 years after all the hype, so I was hoping I could enjoy it...

First of all, vehicle sequences are usually a lot of fun... but Halo ruined the controls by having you "point" the vehicles rather than directly steering them.  I got used to it... but driving the Warthog was never as fun as it should have been.

The campaign was extremely repetetive.  It honestly felt like it would have been a good 5-6 hour game, which was ruined by some designers who just copy/pasted levels.  I recall about 2/3 of the way through, I would destroy a room full of enemies, go across a bridge, and be confronted with an identical room on the other side... and when I went through that room, an identical bridge... I almost quit playing after playing the same bridge 3 or 4 times because I didn't feel like I was accomplishing anything.

Overall, the game was okay... but it doesn't compete with Half Life, Half Life 2, System Shock 2, Deus Ex, or many of the other fantastic FPS's out for PC at the time.  If the game was just released on PC, it would gotten mid-high 80's for score, and probably would have been forgotten shortly after. 

(Hopefully you see that I'm not just trolling, I actually took the time to answer your question...)

Prey.............. Good story, good weapons, gravity defying walking.

Frontlines: fuel of war........... Lots of great remote control weapons to aid you in your fight.

Quake 4............. Huge game, takes tonnes of hours to complete, great online.......

Time shite............ Never anybody online, short game, poor AI, gimmicky weapons.

So............ what comes after the drop kick seraphic? lol

o-gawd...

Prey was "ALRIGHT" but Frontlines and Quake4...

You... You... Blasphemous heathen...

Oh ima so gonna buy you TimeShift 360 litmited edition for $12 and make you play it in a closed box and make makingmusic eat the key! lulz!

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
o-gawd...

Prey was "ALRIGHT" but Frontlines and Quake4...

You... You... Blasphemous heathen...

Oh ima so gonna buy you TimeShift 360 litmited edition for $12 and make you play it in a closed box and make makingmusic eat the key! lulz!

Don't you be sassin' Quake 4 It was awesome

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.