By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Which proves without fail how serious is womens football

Around the Network
CaptainPrefrences said:

Canada and USA's womens football team would beat England and Germany. That can't be said for the mens though..

Oh is that so ? looool

I think you mixed up "would" and "could"....

Edited due to stupidity.

It's the Euros. Still got last night on my mind.

Lol nah. Ever since I was a lil kid I used to watch USA and Canada womens team smash brazil and spain etc and I was like wtf?

Didn't USA win the last olympic cup?

Since Maradona took over the team 10 months ago, Argentina has won only two of six World Cup qualifiers and, in that span, he has called up 62 different players - 30 for the first time. He has used three different goalkeepers: Juan Pablo Carrizo, Mariano Andujar and Sergio Romero. And he's absorbed one of the worst beatings in Argentina history - a 6-1 loss at Bolivia.

Sorry I just had to bring the Argentina thing up again lol.. He plays with a different lieup every game.

Around the Network

dp

CaptainPrefrences said:

Canada and USA's womens football team would beat England and Germany. That can't be said for the mens though..

Hell no to Canada and hell yes to USA.

Statistics of GER vs. CAN and GER vs. USA of women's national football team matches:

Country# MatchesWon by GERTiesLost by GERGoalsFirst matchLast match

Canada 8 8 0 0 29:10 27.07.1994 04.09.2005
USA25541625:5122.07.198816.01.2007

USA, Germany and Norway dominated women's football during the past 20 years (USA and Germany each won two world titles, Norway one).

USA is the most succesful country overall, Germany is the current world and European champion. Now that Norway is not as strong anymore as they used to be 5 or 10 years ago, I think Brazil has joined the dominant teams. Brazil is the current vice world champion.

To all who think women's football is ridiculous: Don't forget that most of these ladies are amateurs (I think only USA has or had a pro league, but I'm not sure about Norway and Sweden).

CaptainPrefrences said:
Since Maradona took over the team 10 months ago, Argentina has won only two of six World Cup qualifiers and, in that span, he has called up 62 different players - 30 for the first time. He has used three different goalkeepers: Juan Pablo Carrizo, Mariano Andujar and Sergio Romero. And he's absorbed one of the worst beatings in Argentina history - a 6-1 loss at Bolivia.

Sorry I just had to bring the Argentina thing up again lol.. He plays with a different lieup every game.

Actually, he used five, add Campestrini and Pozo, he used them in the match against Panama

At this current time I will say that Brasil are the strongest contendors for the world cup. They won the Copa America with B and C team players, they have a really good coach (Dunga was a smart player and coach) and they won the confed cup easily. They have so much depth in every position its not even funny, and the thing is players like Doni , Diego, Ronaldinho, Pato, those brazilian kids who play for Shaktar,Ronaldinho,Lucio and Alex don't even play! That is scary.

All these Brazilian players that play for lesser known clubs in Europe and the top teams in Brazil and reachign their prime so its perfect for Brazil. The problem last world cup was that they had to many European based big ego'd players.

okr said:
CaptainPrefrences said:

Hell no to Canada and hell yes to USA.

Statistics of GER vs. CAN and GER vs. USA of women's national football team matches:

Country# MatchesWon by GERTiesLost by GERGoalsFirst matchLast match

Canada 8 8 0 0 29:10 27.07.1994 04.09.2005
USA 25 5 4 16 25:51 22.07.1988 16.01.2007

USA, Germany and Norway dominated women's football during the past 20 years (USA and Germany each won two world titles, Norway one).

USA is the most succesful country overall, Germany is the current world and European champion. Now that Norway is not as strong anymore as they used to be 5 or 10 years ago, I think Brazil has joined the dominant teams. Brazil is the current vice world champion.

To all who think women's football is ridiculous: Don't forget that most of these ladies are amateurs (I think only USA has or had a pro league, but I'm not sure about Norway and Sweden).

Well I was dead wrong about the Canada thing. But thewomens team is way better than the mens team I'm sure. I mean we can't even beat teams like Jamaica, Honduras and Cyprus. We have a good squad 2..