By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
highwaystar101 said:
Star Scream said:
Fergie didn't sell Ronaldo to direct CL place competitor, and he did have a choice. So did Wenger - I remember when Milan were in for Adebayor, and Wenger chose not to sell him.

highwaystar - What's your opinion on current Villa squad?

Far too small, we have the good players, we just don't have enough of them. I think Martin O'Neill needs to just spend the money he has available to him, instead he is just looking for a good deal all the time and it's lead to a small squad. We pass up so many quality players, look at Distin Pompey wanted us to pay £5m, but Martin O'Neill saw that as a bad price and so Everton got him.

But apart from that he is a quality manager on and off the pitch.

Many Villa fans think it's his fault, but I'm not sure your owner has made the funds available.

Around the Network

Aston Villa: Friedel, Beye, Cuellar, Clark, Shorey, Petrov, Milner, Sidwell, Reo-Coker, Ashley Young, Agbonlahor.
Subs: Guzan, Carew, Albrighton, Delph, Heskey, Warnock, Gardner.
Fulham: Schwarzer, Pantsil, Hughes, Hangeland, Konchesky, Dempsey, Kamara, Greening, Etuhu, Duff, Nevland.
Subs: Zuberbuhler, Kelly, Baird, Gera, Riise, Eddie Johnson, Smalling.
Referee: Steve Bennett (Kent)

Star Scream said:
highwaystar101 said:
Star Scream said:
Fergie didn't sell Ronaldo to direct CL place competitor, and he did have a choice. So did Wenger - I remember when Milan were in for Adebayor, and Wenger chose not to sell him.

highwaystar - What's your opinion on current Villa squad?

Far too small, we have the good players, we just don't have enough of them. I think Martin O'Neill needs to just spend the money he has available to him, instead he is just looking for a good deal all the time and it's lead to a small squad. We pass up so many quality players, look at Distin Pompey wanted us to pay £5m, but Martin O'Neill saw that as a bad price and so Everton got him.

But apart from that he is a quality manager on and off the pitch.

Many Villa fans think it's his fault, but I'm not sure your owner has made the funds available.

Randy learner has said that he wont have the funds available in such bulk as they have been in previous years, so my estimation is that we have been given £25-30m. The reason he is doing this is because he is building something for the future and we have signed some quality youth so I trust him on that. But I think the Aston Villa Kitty must have a fair bit left (At least 10m) and if we don't spend it soon then we will lose out on the good players, we need plenty of good players now as well as in the future.

Everton trailing 0-1 against wigan.

Yeah, they are in trouble. I am surprised no one bought Scharner from Wigan, he's a quality defender, and a good back-up in the midfield.

Around the Network

Why is he falling before there is contact?

kowenicki said:
@draik

because ALL strikers assume contact to make the most of the contact if it comes... it has always been that way to be fair, there is very little difference between a dive and many legitimate penalties.

Ye but he is almost down before the contact even hits, if he placed his left foot (instead of falling) there would be no penalty. It's a dive in my book.

And yay everton won!

Good victories for Villa and Everton, hopefully they'll ease the pressure on Mon and Moyes. It's increadible how fickle fans are nowdays.

DSLover said:
At least Man Utd/ Chelski fans aren't as bad as Milwall and West Ham fans.

I agree. But Manchester Red and White Socks fans always disappear when they loose.

OMG my team just killed toluca and we are now first place in the mexican league. Here are all the results for the 6th week

Jaguares 1-1 Atlante
Monterrey 2-2 Estudiantes
Chivas 2-2 Pachuca
Indios 1-1 Atlas
San Luis 0-0 Puebla
Morelia 0-3 Cruz Azul
Pumas 3-0 Queretaro
Santos 2-2 Tigres
America 7-2 Toluca... Yes, 7-2. My team destroyed today