By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
pastro243 said:

http://9gag.com/gag/4230107 

I felt bad for poor Robben

Come on he is on of the most overrated players in europe. He need to see that he isnt as good as he thinks.

Around the Network

At least something good came out of the CL final for Robben since now he doesn't have to retire at the end of the season even in the unlikely event of the Netherlands winning the Euro .

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

AndrewWK said:
zuvuyeay said:

yeah i know it was from the liverpool win and it is an anti english rule as it wouldn't happen in any other league,why should we be punished because chelsea messed up their domestic league?,it doesn't make sense to me,but platini and his chronies don't want different clubs on the top table ruining their cash cow,uefas CL competition is the worst thing to happen to football,killing off the domestic game just what the clowns in brussells are trying to do with the euro,what a mess that is turning out to be

Thats really not fair. Totenham played a good season, but you cant deny the CL to reiging Champion. They should give both teams the chance to qualify, but letting Chelsea play the qualifiactions from the first round.

Adding 1 more team to the roster for Champions League would not work just because of numbers sadly. They'd have to an a random extra qualifying game between 2 teams to then have another chance to qualify.

Anyway, congrats to Chelsea, they fought well and showed that a good strategy and defending can win over possession.

Hmm, pie.

AndrewWK said:
zuvuyeay said:
RolStoppable said:
zuvuyeay said:
well done chelsea even though being a tottenham fan means we are in the shit now,crazy stupid rule from fifa only ever punishes the english,wouldn't happen in another country where 6th wins the CL,tottenham should be in as they did what was required ,so what if chelsea win their beloved competition,

the only pleasing thing on the night for me was seeing platini having to giver the CL cup to a couple of english blokes,how annoying for him

pleased for cole and lampard,they take alot of stick for england but they are winners and very good players and after david luiz fantastic penalty ,cole and lampard slotted their pens in massive pressure breaking municj in the process,well done the drogba too,maybe the last kick of your chelsea career wins the european cup,doesn't get much better than that

whats wrong with uefa,Cl final played with home advantage,tottenham meets the requirements but do not qualify,they are a bunch idiotic amateurs if you ask me

It's not an anti-English rule. It goes back to Liverpool's triumph over Milan. At that time it hadn't been established what happens in such a case (Liverpool finished 5th in the Premier League), so the UEFA settled for an exception and made it clear how such a situation would be dealt with in the future. Sucks for Tottenham, but the rule that denies them the Champions League has been in place for a while.

yeah i know it was from the liverpool win and it is an anti english rule as it wouldn't happen in any other league,why should we be punished because chelsea messed up their domestic league?,it doesn't make sense to me,but platini and his chronies don't want different clubs on the top table ruining their cash cow,uefas CL competition is the worst thing to happen to football,killing off the domestic game just what the clowns in brussells are trying to do with the euro,what a mess that is turning out to be

Thats really not fair. Totenham played a good season, but you cant deny the CL to reiging Champion. They should give both teams the chance to qualify, but letting Chelsea play the qualifiactions from the first round.

if chelsea werent in the cl final they would have taken their last league matches more seriously

so totenham woudnt have qualified.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:
AndrewWK said:
zuvuyeay said:
RolStoppable said:
zuvuyeay said:
well done chelsea even though being a tottenham fan means we are in the shit now,crazy stupid rule from fifa only ever punishes the english,wouldn't happen in another country where 6th wins the CL,tottenham should be in as they did what was required ,so what if chelsea win their beloved competition,

the only pleasing thing on the night for me was seeing platini having to giver the CL cup to a couple of english blokes,how annoying for him

pleased for cole and lampard,they take alot of stick for england but they are winners and very good players and after david luiz fantastic penalty ,cole and lampard slotted their pens in massive pressure breaking municj in the process,well done the drogba too,maybe the last kick of your chelsea career wins the european cup,doesn't get much better than that

whats wrong with uefa,Cl final played with home advantage,tottenham meets the requirements but do not qualify,they are a bunch idiotic amateurs if you ask me

It's not an anti-English rule. It goes back to Liverpool's triumph over Milan. At that time it hadn't been established what happens in such a case (Liverpool finished 5th in the Premier League), so the UEFA settled for an exception and made it clear how such a situation would be dealt with in the future. Sucks for Tottenham, but the rule that denies them the Champions League has been in place for a while.

if chelsea werent in the cl final they would have taken their last league matches more seriously

Thats pure speculation.

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:
zgamer5 said:
AndrewWK said:
zuvuyeay said:
RolStoppable said:
zuvuyeay said:

Thats pure speculation.

The hammering by Liverpool put paid to any slender hopes Chelsea had of getting 4th spot, for zgamer5 to even suggest that Chelsea put all hopes of being in the CL next year by winning it if they had a realistic chance via league postion is laughable.

JazzyJeez said:
AndrewWK said:
zgamer5 said:
AndrewWK said:
zuvuyeay said:
RolStoppable said:
zuvuyeay said:

Thats pure speculation.

The hammering by Liverpool put paid to any slender hopes Chelsea had of getting 4th spot, for zgamer5 to even suggest that Chelsea put all hopes of being in the CL next year by winning it if they had a realistic chance via league postion is laughable.

di mateo made 8 changes to the team which beat them in the fa cup, if he wanted to win the cl and 4th place at the same time he would have never done that. Also out of the 11 players that started for chelsea(vs liverpool in the league) only 1 of them started the cl final, while two others were subs. 

Also out of the 11 players who started the fa cup final, only 5 of them played perviously  vs newcastle.

Its clear the dimateo didn't take the last league matches seriously in order to win both cup matches, and thats what he did.

zgamer5 said:
JazzyJeez said:
AndrewWK said:
zgamer5 said:

Thats pure speculation.

di mateo made 8 changes to the team which beat them in the fa cup, if he wanted to win the cl and 4th place at the same time he would have never done that. Also out of the 11 players that started for chelsea(vs liverpool in the league) only 1 of them started the cl final, while two others were subs. 

Also out of the 11 players who started the fa cup final, only 5 of them played perviously  vs newcastle.

Its clear the dimateo didn't take the last league matches seriously in order to win both cup matches, and thats what he did.

It's irrelevant Chelsea made so many changes after the F.A. cup, thats what a squad is for.

After the cup they had 2 games left and trailed Tottenham by 5pts who had one game left at home to Fulham, its not a case of Matteo not taking the games seriously, its more the case of him knowing his team had slim to no chance of overtaking them.

Below is the team that played vs Liverpool, I understand most changes were due to the upcoming CL final, but if you're correct that Matteo didn't take the games seriously, then the guy doesn't deserve to manage a conference team let alone a premier one with a slim chance of getting to champions league without going shit or bust on one game.

Chelsea

• 22 Turnbull
  • 02 Ivanovic
  • 19 Ferreira
  • 26 Terry
  • 34 Bertrand
  • 05 Essien
  • 06 Romeu
  • 07 Ramires
  • 15 Malouda
  • 09 Torres
  • 23 Sturridge

JazzyJeez said:
zgamer5 said:
JazzyJeez said:
AndrewWK said:
zgamer5 said:

Thats pure speculation.

It's irrelevant Chelsea made so many changes after the F.A. cup, thats what a squad is for.

After the cup they had 2 games left and trailed Tottenham by 5pts who had one game left at home to Fulham, its not a case of Matteo not taking the games seriously, its more the case of him knowing his team had slim to no chance of overtaking them.

Below is the team that played vs Liverpool, I understand most changes were due to the upcoming CL final, but if you're correct that Matteo didn't take the games seriously, then the guy doesn't deserve to manage a conference team let alone a premier one with a slim chance of getting to champions league without going shit or bust on one game.

Chelsea

• 22 Turnbull
  • 02 Ivanovic
  • 19 Ferreira
  • 26 Terry
  • 34 Bertrand
  • 05 Essien
  • 06 Romeu
  • 07 Ramires
  • 15 Malouda
  • 09 Torres
  • 23 Sturridge

i stated the newcastle match for a reason as he also played a weak squad against them.

the reason he did not take them seriously is because roman wanted that cl final so badly that he could not take risks with the suspensions and the injuries we had. we started on saturday night with bertrand due to an injury malouda got playing in the pl, thank god he was the only one. 

I'm sorry to disagree again, but the team against Newcastle was not quite but virtually 1st team, only major difference was Lampard and drogba didn't start but came on as subs, Bertrand was obviously getting games for CL final, personally think he's a very average player.

I know the CL cup was the major target when the title was way out of reach but I just cannot believe a manager would just hope that teams in direct competition for league places would fuck up, what would have happened if they lost the final, you're talking 40mil+ lost, and more importantly the incentive for new players to sign next year, far to much of a risk, considering some of Chelsea's best players are in the swansong of their careers.

The fact is Chelsea weren't good enough for 4th place, Tottenham went through a dreadful run of games in '12 but all the teams above Chelsea played better overall throughout the season.