By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Barozi said:
lestatdark said:
ghettoglamour said:
lestatdark said:
ghettoglamour said:
Even better than Falcao would be Neymar. This guy is so young and talented, and with a coach like Guardiola he could become one of the best players in the world. Yes, Guardiola might not be able to improvise when things go wrong, but he definitly can build up players. Iniesta, Xavi and Messi weren't nearly at the same level as they got with him.

I don't think Neymar would be better than Falcao, especially since their playstyle and positions are entirely different. Barcelona already has a surplus of great players for the positions that Neymar played and to be honest, I think he'll only be wasted if he goes to Barça. Remember Afellay? He also had tons of potential, just like Neymar and what happened to him? Neymar won't be able to compete with the current members of the squad, not to mention that he'll need at least a year to get used to the rythym of european competitions and leagues, since it's a whole different ball game than playing in South America competitions and leagues.

Sorry, but Affelay's talent is not to be compared with Neymar's one.

I also think that Falcao is rather a striker that's a great finisher, but he doesn't participate too much on the elaboration of the game. Barça needs a striker that's strong at both.

And which top strikers does Barça have right now?

Messi, of course.

Alexis is a great player, but no one who can score regularely.

Villa used to be a very good striker, 2-3 years ago he would have been perfect for what Barça needs, but he's already 30, not getting younger and also heavily injured. I don't think he will be top again.

Pedro: to me he was never a top player, a good one for 2nd halves though. He also score to little. This season he was awful.

Tello & Cuenca: these two are only there because they were formed by Barça. Imo they're not good enough.

Affelay: He hasn't proven anything yet...

I think Messi - Alexis - Neymar as strikers, fed with passes from Xavi and Iniesta would be awesome!

Afellay had as much potential back when he was at Neymar's age as Neymar has now, but it was gone to waste. And again, Neymar has still to show that he can keep up his skills and abilities when playing in the top european leagues. People tend to forget that the grand majority of players that come from South American leagues take some time to adapt and most can't keep up. 

Not saying Neymar isn't great, he is, he's probably one of the most gifted and talented players of his age, but so where a lot of players before him. Diego, who's now at Atletico Madrid, was also considered to be the sucessor to Pele and he had remarkable talent and skill back when he was 18/19 and what happened to him? He came to Porto and didn't show anything, went to Juve and didn't show anything as well. Anderson from Manchester United is another case as well.

*cough* Robinho *cough*

Him too , though he's more of an ups and downs kind of player. He's had a lot of good moments, but in contrast also a lot of shitty ones, especially when he was at Real Madrid. On A.C Milan he's been a bit more constant, but not enough for all the hype he had behind him.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

The best of Ramos Penalty kick

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I dont think Neymar would be as good as some people expect at Barca, I would take Falcao over him.

Neymar is a feather, like Robinho, in copa america he played against better defenders and didnt do much. He is amazingly talented but he would need more than that.

Still, I think Barca has to buy, Afellay, tello, cuenca and thiago wont do in big matches, Pedro has been bad and Villa is getting old.

Messi cant do everything and Alexis isnt a great goalscorer, so falcao would be good for them, he isnt bad playing at all so I dont think he would break Barcas game.

Also, they have to buy in the back

Guardiola quits at the end of this season, his assistant Vilanova will take over... bit surprissing that Vilanova is taking over.. wonder how Barca will do next year

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
Guardiola quits at the end of this season, his assistant Vilanova will take over... bit surprissing that Vilanova is taking over.. wonder how Barca will do next year

Barça has a serious debt problem. Vilanova is a very cheap substitute of Guardiola.

Around the Network

Although I'm happy Chelsea weht through it really was a freak result. Barca hit the woodwork four times over the two legs and despite Chelsea's "Magnificent" defensive performance it was really only the last 30 minutes of the second leg that they weren't creating chance after chance.

People's memories are so short when it comes to football. All this talk about needing a plan B (see: Ibrahimovic) and Guardiola not being a great manager with his mere 13 out of 17 possible trophies and still being in another final next month is just short-sighted nonsense. Not to mention the usual Shite about them being posers/divers/boring/whatever. They've hit a minor dip in form for the first time in three years, that's all. The most noteworthy thing is that it took so long to happen

Whoever comes next will be the new star manager. Seriously every average manager would look great when they have a team like Barca. Guardiola has proven next to nothing. I'm not saying he is bad, but he didn't really show much skill Barca.

Not surprised about Guardiola's departure! The fact that he only signed 12 month contract extensions was very telling. Don't know much about this new guy, but like Guardiola, he's inherited a team full of world class players and winners.

Vilanova es cheap and will probably be a good substitute for Guardiola being his assistance for all this years and besides he worked in the younger teams.

I would have liked Bielsa more, but Vilanova could be a Pep 2 if Barca is lucky.

Barcelona won't suffer much with Guardiola's departure, if any. Villanova is probably the best alternative at the moment, since not only is he already accostumed to the club and the players, he also follows a very similar playstyle mentality as the one Guardiola uses.

The biggest challenge will be for Pep. Can he prove that he'll be able to do the same in a new team with players that haven't played together since the youth teams and with a playstyle and mentality that's completely different? I guess we'll see and probably that was one of the biggest reasons he left Barça.

Current PC Build