By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

i said at the beginning,i didn't think germany could win it,

because ballack was out and not looking like their usual selves,i also thought klose was injured

however i hadn't heard of the turk and muller,now i have

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

Argentina showed they didnt get any better than in the qualifiers, just got lucky with the crap FIFA rankings putting them in an easy group.

zuvuyeay said:

because ballack was out and not looking like their usual selves,i also thought klose was injured

The "Turk" has a name, it's Mesut Özil, and he was born in Gelsenkirchen/Germany, the home of Schalke 04. Now you've heard even more.

As much as the germans palyed well today. THEY will lose to spain. IT is a spain holland final... Someone new shall win the World Cup. I guarantee it.

It would be nice for a virgin World Cup winner. Though looking at the quality of football this German side is presenting, they will have to work pretty damn hard for it.

Around the Network
dampowell said:

As much as the germans palyed well today. THEY will lose to spain. IT is a spain holland final... Someone new shall win the World Cup. I guarantee it.

Spain? They better show something extremely positive against Paraguay then, because both the in the group stage games and against Portugal, they showed a much inferior football than the one being practiced by the Germans. 

Anything can happen in 90 minutes, but with that logic, Spain still has to beat Paraguay too

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Tuganuno said:

Well done Germany. No idea how they lost against Serbia.

because Serbia played better?

okr said:
zuvuyeay said:

The "Turk" has a name, it's Mesut Özil, and he was born in Gelsenkirchen/Germany, the home of Schalke 04. Now you've heard even more.

yeah i know,don't get upset

he's the turk to me and my english footy friends

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:
okr said:
zuvuyeay said:

yeah i know,don't get upset

he's the turk to me and my english footy friends

I'm not upset and I'm also not trying to be nationalist here (I'd never run or drive around with a German flag for example like millions of others here do at the moment), but Özil is my favourite player overall, not only at this WC, but also in the Bundesliga (Werder Bremen). I think he will play for one of Europe's big teams from August onwards. This WC is the start of his international career. Fantastic player.

Now noone can say Germans were just lucky against England. Argentina was one of the favorites this year. And they never lost as high as today 4:0 in a WC.

England wasnt bad at all. They were just not good enough.

I hope they win against Spain. England Argentina Spain Netherlands. Lets pretend they would win the WC this was definetly deserved then.

BTW: I heard someone saying this will be a pure southamerican (semi) final. Seems probably not.