By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
salaminizer said:

LOL it was offside, but it was almost impossible to notice it, unlike Argentina's goal for example. but I also blame it on poor defending, you can see Simão walking near the area and when he realizes Villa will get the ball he tries to run but it's too late.

Well I remember the replay from the game and it was clear to me that when the pass came , whatshesmane was not in offside. Now it's true that if you stop the action, there is the question of when? When the ball was kicked or when if clearly left the foot, cause that makes up for more than 22cm when the striker moves forward and offside line is stationary. Then I looked up the offside rule (only had tome to look on wikipedia, but it is probably accurate) which states that a player is in offside if "any part of hes body is in front of the last defenders body parts, except hands" but wait, which is commonly understood as "any body part HAS to be in front of the last defenders body part" (or something to that extent, not a direct quote). I'm like WTF? Why can't they be clear on this? I'w seen on TV referees with great experience saying that FIFA guide lines say that the attacking team gets the advantage, and that it is not offside unless "one can shine a beam of light between them", that is the attacking player's entyre body is in front of the defenders body, so they do not overlap. In light of that, it was not offside. But where is the truth?

Around the Network
pizzahut451 said:
lestatdark said:
pizzahut451 said:

there is no definition... just because some team is better on paper doesnt mean its more stronger... Italy is 100000X times better than Ghana ON PAPER but that doesnt mean Ghana didnt played better on this WC... just like goup G was the strongest group in the world cup...ON THE PAPER

It's a FACT now -  Group D was the strongest group in the cup!!!!!!

You can't do that definition like that, because it stills on paper too. You don't know how Ghana would do when put up against Italy, Brazil or Portugal. Just because they got through doesn't make them a stronger team. In order to define if they are indeed a stronger team you would have to pit them against all the other stronger teams, and that's virtually impossible. 

Anyhow, if you think that Ghana is stronger than Portugal, Italy, England and so on, then I don't see why our debate should go further, unless it will inevitably end with me laughing out loud. 

English, protugese and italians are on the airport and Ghana players are on training right now...why is that?

so you think ghana is better than england and all the other top teams that aren't in the WC anymore ?

ghana scored to goals through penalty shots because someone  played hand in the penalty box

I don't think that's that big of an achievement

mr_capello said:
pizzahut451 said:
lestatdark said:
pizzahut451 said:

there is no definition... just because some team is better on paper doesnt mean its more stronger... Italy is 100000X times better than Ghana ON PAPER but that doesnt mean Ghana didnt played better on this WC... just like goup G was the strongest group in the world cup...ON THE PAPER

You can't do that definition like that, because it stills on paper too. You don't know how Ghana would do when put up against Italy, Brazil or Portugal. Just because they got through doesn't make them a stronger team. In order to define if they are indeed a stronger team you would have to pit them against all the other stronger teams, and that's virtually impossible. 

Anyhow, if you think that Ghana is stronger than Portugal, Italy, England and so on, then I don't see why our debate should go further, unless it will inevitably end with me laughing out loud. 

English, protugese and italians are on the airport and Ghana players are on training right now...why is that?

so you think ghana is better than england and all the other top teams that aren't in the WC anymore ?

ghana scored to goals through penalty shots because someone  played hand in the penalty box

they reached quarter finals - thats a big achivment. i dont see Italy, England and France in there, and they are all  ''stronger'' than Ghana. I bet Ghana could score at least 2 goals agianst those teams in regular time...

lestatdark said:

Ahhhhh, thank you Very Demotivational, you just made my day now

Hahaha

pizzahut451 said:
mr_capello said:
pizzahut451 said:
lestatdark said:
pizzahut451 said:

they reached quarter finals - thats a big achivment. i dont see Italy, England and France in there, and they are all  ''stronger'' than Ghana. I bet Ghana could score at least 2 goals agianst those teams in regular time...

maybe against France, but not England or Italy

Around the Network
pizzahut451 said:
mr_capello said:
pizzahut451 said:
lestatdark said:
pizzahut451 said:

ROFLMAO. That phrase is even funnier than the derp ball picture

They barely managed to score against Serbia and they would score 2 against England, Italy, Portugal (one of the WC's best defense, even though we're eliminated) etc? You know what, keep them morals up, you've given the people of this thread a very good amount of laughs

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Biiiiig hole in the Dutch defence

Well that was fast . I think even N.Korea would have scored with that hole in the Dutch defense

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Robben fail

loooooool

Never seen this before.

Awesome epic corner fail

Current PC Build