By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You paused it at the wrong point Slimebeast

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Slimebeast said:
lestatdark said:

Spain 1-0 Portugal

Simão | MySpace Video

Pause at 00:25. Villa was at least 3 feet ahead of the last defender, Coentrao on the left side of the field. 

F*** FIFA, and F*** the lack of fair play from the Spain side. That red card was even more pathetic than the red card given to the Chile defender. I really hope that Spain gets squashed like the bug they are against Argentina/Germany

Oh, and F*** Portugal's second half display too.

It was not offside. Not even close.

It's funny, since you're forgetting one simple thing. Iniesta didn't directly pass the ball to Villa. Llorente did, he back flipped it to Villa, after Iniesta fumbled the ball forward. 

Pause the video at 00:30, and you'll clearly see Llorente back flicking the ball.

wasn't that xavi who back fliped it? if it's xavi that would make it a pure barcelona goal, not the real issue here I know lol

lestatdark said:
Barozi said:
lestatdark said:
okr said:
pastro243 said:

I have my doubts with the goal, sucks if its offside.

It was offside, but only very close and hard to see in real time. You can't blame the referee team here. Close offside goals like this happen every weekend in every league.

Close? Oh for crying out loud, even the Spanish fans sitting beside me told me that it was offside immediately. 

1 foot offside at most. It was a close decision.

Maybe we Germans got the better replays :)

You can see the link in the previous page. At 00:25 there's a clear view of the offside. Villa had at least 3 feet advantage over the position of Coentrao, and since Llorente was the last one to touch the ball before Villa and not Iniesta, that touch immediately puts Villa offside.

Oh well, if you manage to play with Spain, I hope you crush them. Serves them right.

Saw it from a different, better camera angle. I thought it was waaay offside too, but the replay showed it was much much closer. Don't have a video for that right now. Dunno where Slimebeast got that picture from.

Barozi said:
lestatdark said:
Barozi said:
lestatdark said:
okr said:
pastro243 said:

I have my doubts with the goal, sucks if its offside.

It was offside, but only very close and hard to see in real time. You can't blame the referee team here. Close offside goals like this happen every weekend in every league.

Close? Oh for crying out loud, even the Spanish fans sitting beside me told me that it was offside immediately. 

1 foot offside at most. It was a close decision.

Maybe we Germans got the better replays :)

You can see the link in the previous page. At 00:25 there's a clear view of the offside. Villa had at least 3 feet advantage over the position of Coentrao, and since Llorente was the last one to touch the ball before Villa and not Iniesta, that touch immediately puts Villa offside.

Oh well, if you manage to play with Spain, I hope you crush them. Serves them right.

Saw it from a different, better camera angle. I thought it was waaay offside too, but the replay showed it was much much closer. Don't have a video for that right now. Dunno where Slimebeast got that picture from.

He just randomly paused the video at a point where he though it would somehow benefit his theory.

Close or not, it doesn't matter. It was offside and an entire outcome was decided by a single illegal goal. It's a shame that Portugal's second half was pure crap, but we deserved at least to go to Extra Time. And then came that red card when we were gaining some small momentum, and that was it.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

@Lestat: I understand your frustration and I would feel the same way if it was GER that had lost the game tonight due to an offside goal, but you have to admit that POR still had plenty of time (30 min.) to equalize. I still don't understand why Almeida was taken out, the Spanish defense had problems with him.

^ saw that and I puked this morning, I was always complaining about my habit of eating my lips when I am stressed but after seeing that I am not thankful lol.

lestatdark said:
Slimebeast said:
lestatdark said:

Spain 1-0 Portugal

Simão | MySpace Video

Pause at 00:25. Villa was at least 3 feet ahead of the last defender, Coentrao on the left side of the field. 

F*** FIFA, and F*** the lack of fair play from the Spain side. That red card was even more pathetic than the red card given to the Chile defender. I really hope that Spain gets squashed like the bug they are against Argentina/Germany

Oh, and F*** Portugal's second half display too.

It was not offside. Not even close.

It's funny, since you're forgetting one simple thing. Iniesta didn't directly pass the ball to Villa. Llorente did, he back flipped it to Villa, after Iniesta fumbled the ball forward. 

Pause the video at 00:30, and you'll clearly see Llorente back flicking the ball.

Dammit lol. But here, look he is still not offside:

Here's the offside from lestat's video: http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/SalvadorLimones/SPA-PORoffside.jpg

Sorry, I can't embed pics on this PC and I think I paused the video a millisecond too early (it only runs with hiccups on my PC), so it looks not really offside in this pic, but it was offside.

okr said:

@Lestat: I understand your frustration and I would feel the same way if it was GER that had lost the game tonight due to an offside goal, but you have to admit that POR still had plenty of time (30 min.) to equalize. I still don't understand why Almeida was taken out, the Spanish defense had problems with him.

Oh I completely agree, Portugal's second half was way bad. I never denied that. And I don't understand Queiroz's choices too, Almeida was being one of our best players on the field. Heck, on minute 52 he had that amazing sprint which almost gave us a goal. 

We lost the game partly because mistakes we did too, especially on the offensive side, but if it wasn't for that refereeing mistakes, Spain wouldn't have another chance to score, since Portugal defense was top notch during all the game. 

Anyway, i'm still fuming with a bit of rage from the way we lost. It's not like Spain isn't a better team than Portugal, but they didn't need to win like this. If it had been the other way around, there would be a massive amount of outrage. Pretty much like Barcelona's hypocresy in the CL, when they complained about being robbed with Inter but somehow didn't see anything wrong when Chelsea was robbed against them.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"