By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
kowenicki said:

England fans might not be in the majority for the first time tomorrow...

Germany expected to be playing at the venue on sunday and so will have had tickets for a long time, we expected to be playing tonight. Having said that England fans have a nack of getting tickets.

Hopefully there are plenty of Americans to swap with... And they should be supporting us anyway. Of course, the real question is will they be drowned out by Vuvuzellas

Around the Network

Another goal for Germany !!!

o wait...

Good finish, but just showing up the pretty average players in the US team. Demeritt plays for Watford right?

kowenicki said:
Munkeh111 said:

Good finish, but just showing up the pretty average players in the US team. Demeritt plays for Watford right?

The US had a fairly lucky ride through...  the fluke goal against England, the very late equaliser in the Slovenia game and the very, very late goal against Algeria, could have easily finished bottom.

They are all over the place at the moment - chasing the ball with no shape and a very odd formation.    They are also very slow to close down and against Ghana thats not good, they move the ball very well.

If it wasn't for Donavan, and to a lesser extent Dempsey, they would be doing even worse. They do lack quality, I just can't beleive Rob Green!

kowenicki said:
Munkeh111 said:

The US had a fairly lucky ride through...  the fluke goal against England, the very late equaliser in the Slovenia game and the very, very late goal against Algeria, could have easily finished bottom.

They are all over the place at the moment - chasing the ball with no shape and a very odd formation.    They are also very slow to close down and against Ghana thats not good, they move the ball very well.

yeah like the 2 regular goals they made, but didn't count during the tournament.

veeeeery lucky...

Around the Network
Barozi said:
kowenicki said:
Munkeh111 said:

yeah like the 2 regular goals they made, but didn't count during the tournament.

veeeeery lucky...

True actually.. I forgot about those, but things would have been different if it wasn't for bloody Rob Green. I think their luck has evened out, whereas unfortunately I think Germany are owed a bit of luck after the Serbia match

I wouldn't write off USA yet. They do seem to start off games slowly.

So many England flags.

kowenicki said:
jonop said:

I wouldn't write off USA yet. They do seem to start off games slowly.

they havent started slowly... they have started terribly..

Well, it's similar to how they started against Slovenia and then they came into the match in the second half.

Terrible first half by the US. 

Where's the determination and fast transitions they used in the group stage? Granted, Ghana started superb and have a fairly fast defensive support, but USA is playing way too slow too.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"