By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Decent match, and on the whole Uraguay do deserve to win, but the attendence is so disappointing

USA vs Ghana should also be a good match, I think the USA might just edge that one, but Uraguay will probably have too much for them in the quarters

Around the Network

Uruguay did an amazing job, but Korea played well on the second half. 

We'll probably have an Uruguay - USA in the quarter finals. I would love for Uruguay to go through the semi finals and meet Brazil

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I hope it doesn't rain in the next match.

Slimebeast said:

Why? Rain can bring a bunch of new approaches to a football game.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

And the Vuvazelas might fill with water chocking the fool blowing it.

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Slimebeast said:

It becomes too random. Like that Korean chance in the 87th minute or so when the guy got an opportunity alone with the goalie, the ball got an awkward spin cos of the wet grass so he didn't score.

Slimebeast said:
lestatdark said:
Slimebeast said:

It becomes too random. Like that Korean chance in the 87th minute or so when the guy got an opportunity alone with the goalie, the ball got an awkward spin cos of the wet grass so he didn't score.

The players have to be extra careful playing in those conditions, but it's no excuse to them. And Lord Flashheart is right about the Vuvuzelas It's a win-win situation

Current PC Build

I hope the field (pitch I think it is called across the sea) hold up better. The grass was god awful. I'd rather they play the game on astro-turf or some other abominable grass replacement. At least then there is a known amount of influence.

I was really impressed by how well South Korea held together in the match. Uruguay were way too comfortable with the one point lead they had. Of course I was mostly pulling for a South Korea win, but that is only to reinforce my pet theory of rotating World Cups to less developed soccer nations.

Interesting rematch from the last World Cup. I am slightly worried about the USA's chances honestly. Ghana is good at getting the ball down field fast from what I have seen. USA needs to get their defense in order if they want to win. If they play like they did against Slovenia in the second half, or against Algeria then this should be a USA win. Otherwise there will be trouble.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Lord Flashheart said:

Heh, that could be funny. It is another reason to pull for USA! With all the African teams gone the vuvuzelas should be a lot quieter!

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
Lord Flashheart said:

Heh, that could be funny. It is another reason to pull for USA! With all the African teams gone the vuvuzelas should be a lot quieter!

They'll still be in the crowd, hopefully rooting for England!