By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If I told you... would you believe me?

jjseth said:
Rath said:
jjseth said:
A year ago would you have predicted that Wii fanboys would become the most arrogant and annoying part of console forums?

Hus and Blue3 were more annoying than any Ninty fanboy and that includes Gballzack.

I never saw Blue3 here (gone before my time I'd guess), and never really paid attention to Hus.

But you have only named 2 Sony fanboys who were annoying to you, unlike about 50 wii fanboys on this site that are very very annoying. And they do that primarily on the Sony forums where they don't really give a damn about Sony.

Gballzack was horrible, but since he had his timeout, he's been grounded now, or just not posting much anymore. But there are others who make it their goal to try to slam Sony any chance they get and any good news that comes out they try to downplay the good news and twist it into something negative.

(Trying to be nice by not naming names other then those brought up by Rath.)

Hus, Kwaad, Washimul, Blue3, DGM.

There are a few people who I wont mention because they are still active and I respect them enough not to call them trolls (even though they are fanboys =P) but really Sony has at least as many true fanboys on this site as Nintendo, probably more.

Around the Network
jjseth said:
A year ago would you have predicted that Wii fanboys would become the most arrogant and annoying part of console forums?

XD,  Oh my god that is a good one, (still it is little flaming brother).

konnichiwa said:
jjseth said:

XD, Oh my god that is a good one, (still it is little flaming brother).

Eh... it happens. ;)   But a year ago, wouldn't you have expected it to be either Sony or MS fanboys? 

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

jjseth said:
konnichiwa said:
jjseth said:

Eh... it happens. ;)   But a year ago, wouldn't you have expected it to be either Sony or MS fanboys? 

I always thought Xbots for sure because of GEOW , Bioschock and Halo 3.
I was sure they would say that they are the best games and that the Wii,PS3 doesn't have great games.

Even though I like my 360 and some of the games, I expected the MS fanboys to be by far the worst.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Around the Network

I don't believe you could have convinced anyone that the Wii would be sold out basically for 11 months straight.

Hell, I thought it would slow down two weeks after November 19 2006.

I was lurking on this site forever before I finally started posting, but DAMN, that Kwaad guy could drive me nuts with his (utter lack of) logic. Did the Wii finally sell enough copies that he had to just stomp his way into Hell, Rumpelstiltskin style or what?

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Coincidentally, Kwaad showed up again today, actually. He stopped posting as much because he got a different job, I think. From what I understand Kwaad is a reformed troll. That is, I think he liked to argue the Sony numbers at first, since the numbers sony was reporting (as well as other sites) didn't jive with this site's more accurate numbers (I hope we can agree on that point by now). Once he got past that he seemed to mellow out a bit (I think getting banned might have helped, too). So, no...he's not in Hell. Just not as active, and when he is he's not as trollish as he once was. Or maybe I'm just full of BS, who knows.

jjseth said:
konnichiwa said:
jjseth said:

Yes I could see that happening. For years Nintendo fans had to deal with declining fan bases third place and the "kiddy" image. Now that Nintendo is seeing some success they have to deal with calls of it is a fad, it is a gimiick(to alessening extent) and the false no games for the Wii statements from other fanboys. I still think the most arrogant are some of the Sony fans out there. But I feel the increased numbers of Wii fans on the internet caught the other fanboys by surprise.

Who are the sony fanboys now?

(I am not talking about the guys who are banned) but the guys who are still active and are annoying sony fanboys?