By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If I told you... would you believe me?

Honestly other than Leo-j and Soriku none of the active members bother me much, and even they wouldn't be bad if they would just calm the hell down. That's not counting random drifters who have accounts for a week before they are banned.

Around the Network

Rubang B: Nope, Kwaad got a trucking job. Dunno when he'll be back.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

naznatips said:
Honestly other than Leo-j and Soriku none of the active members bother me much, and even they wouldn't be bad if they would just calm the hell down.

It's good to be young? I guess...

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

konnichiwa said:
Who are the sony fanboys now?

(I am not talking about the guys who are banned) but the guys who are still active and are annoying sony fanboys?

I didn't say all. I mean like Hus, Kwaas, Washimul, Shaggi, Kingofwales over at Joystiq who I think is long gone too. They are getting fewer. Essentially the people who were trolling. Every fanboy has a little bit of annoyingness but the ones. On this site it is the ones posting numbers that aren't GFK, NPD, Enterbrain but the shipping numbers calling for a change in numbers that amounts to roughly 50K. The ones who point to Wii availability as a weakness causing an endless flame war. It is the ones who engage in endless threads of MGS4 4 exclusivity(though this is a minor one as we won't know until later to be 100% certain) on all sides stuff like that. Just so that it is clear I am not talking so much about the PS3 could still win threads or even sales threads but the ones that stretch reality to point of bending logic. I think most PS3 owners are happy with their system on here and I also think most have a lot they are looking forward to and I think most Sony fans understand where the PS3 is now but debate wher it will be going. It is the ones who hang so much ego on their system of choice they are blinded to everything else. As said there are nintendo trolls some of whom no doubt are venting after years of having their system ridiculed as the unpopular one. I thin that is starting to subside a bit now and I also think the same thing is happening with other console fans it is only the most diehard of the fanboys left doing that now. However this is not a thread to point fingers or name names. I was primarily responding to JJseths post.

Fuzzmosis said:

I'm quite amused at how this has turned out (Console war.) It's time to give statements that less than a year ago, would have people saying you're a retarded blind fanboy monkey. (November. So 11 months ago, before launch):

If I told you that Sony would reneg on their backwards compatability chip within a year?
If I told you that Microsoft would have a failure rate so enormous they added an expense of $100/per console to help cover it?
If I told you that Nintendo would get near weekly news articles praising their innovative system?
If I told you that those 25 million dollar budget games already in design for PS3 wouldn't sell or play like 25 million dollar budget games? (See: Lair. Also, Lair.)
If I told you that Sony would have released 4 different versions of it's PS3 within a year?
If I told you that Sony would brazeny announce that Rumble is last gen, then brazenly and proudly proclaim it's re-entry into the future?
If I told you that the HD wars matter to only 30% of consumers who own HD compatable products? (Number may be off, what portion of ps3/Xbox360 owners use HD again?)
If I told you Nintendo would drain more batteries than the lonely female population but still not release an official recharger for their controller?
If I told you Sony execs would make claims that no sane 4th grade fanboy would make, even during severe lulls in sales? (Hi Tretton!)
If I told you that Nintendo's demand would be so high, even head office would be shocked and fall behind, and even 6 months after release, in some places people would line up to get one?

Just imagine telling these things to your average person, or gamer on Nov 1, 2006. Or think of other incredulous statements that actually are true.

This thread is the story of my life.

I've been LONG saying things (and am STILL saying things) about this generation that people find simply impossible to happen. No one hardly believes me save for the brave few who are unafraid to walk through the fire with me.

But in the end things have a way of coming together.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Around the Network

Up until June 2006 I was planning on buying a PS3 or an Xbox360 and steer clear from the Wii. At August same year, I suggested to a friend of mine to purchase a Xbox360 because of his taste in games and I thought MS would do better this gen (and indeed they are). It was only after September 15th that I saw the Nintendo event in London and truly believed in their "cause". That year's E3 and that event is what brought Ninty back to the map for me.

as for sony fans... I find Crazzyman`s smilies { =) } reaaaallly annoying... I dont know why haha.

JJseth: Gballzack is/was a girl (and a really hot one at that :P)

redspear said:
jjseth said:
konnichiwa said:
jjseth said:
A year ago would you have predicted that Wii fanboys would become the most arrogant and annoying part of console forums?

XD, Oh my god that is a good one, (still it is little flaming brother).

Eh... it happens. ;) But a year ago, wouldn't you have expected it to be either Sony or MS fanboys?

Yes I could see that happening. For years Nintendo fans had to deal with declining fan bases third place and the "kiddy" image. Now that Nintendo is seeing some success they have to deal with calls of it is a fad, it is a gimiick(to alessening extent) and the false no games for the Wii statements from other fanboys. I still think the most arrogant are some of the Sony fans out there. But I feel the increased numbers of Wii fans on the internet caught the other fanboys by surprise.

I think there's a lot of Nintendo fans here, not necessarily fanboys. Really, the only really bad fanboy (girl) I can think of was gballzack.

Soriku can be annoying but he's nowhere near the levels of the Sony fanboys like blue3 or Hus, so when I hear the typicals going waaaaaaah over the invisible "Nintendo Army" that supposedly has the entire board on lockdown, I just wonder what fantasy land they're wandering to ignore the daily attacks from the 1000 faces of Hus. The Sony fanboys just won't die, you permaban one and 2-3 more pop up, and this isn't counting alts. Hell, Hus has been banned what, 1 week? He's already got more alts than gballzack.

But really, the fanboy situation isn't that bad. The way people whine, you'd think this was GameFAQs. 

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

I came here from Joystiq because I can say something nice about Nintendo without being called a fanboy and a troll and an asshole and a fag (why all the fag?). I love Nintendo. I'm madly obsessed with Nintendo. I have the underwear, the wallet, the keychain, the Goomba costume, you name it. Some might call me a "fanboy." But I don't bash non-Nintendo threads and I definitely don't expect all gamers to be like me. Somehow just obsessing over Nintendo as much as I do is an insult to half of Joystiq.

Anyway, I think that this gen has brought out the worst in fans of all 3 consoles, simply because for the first time there are some really crazy differences between all 3. Now it's no longer a "my games are better than yours" argument, but a "my console represents a better gaming philosophy than yours" argument, which gets everybody frothing at the mouth, especially in the "the casuals are coming the casuals are coming!" sense. Like I've said before, everybody starts as a casual gamer, and nobody was born with a joystick in their hand. Except for me. :)

Game on.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

cebrian said:
as for sony fans... I find Crazzyman`s smilies { =) } reaaaallly annoying... I dont know why haha.

JJseth: Gballzack is/was a girl (and a really hot one at that :P)

Ooooh   Pics!!!!  

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.