By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation 3 can still win.

I'm not sure if you were sarcastic or sincere Gran Turismo.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
Biggerboat said:

mitsuhide said:
1)If the PS3 was dead in the water it wouldn't be selling and Sony would be giving up (like SEGA).

2)If MGS4,Killzone2,GTAIV,FFXIII,LBP,Wardevil,GT5 etc etc are all AAA titles(which they will be)

1)It's debatable whether the PS3 is selling. It continues to flounder in Japan and the GBA is slowly creeping up on it in the US, not sure how it's doing here in Europe though I heard that a big chunk of it's install base is made up of launch units. You can't really compare Sony and Sega, the latter being almost insignificant in terms of size and financial clout. I'm pretty confident due to PS3, Sony has haemoraged multiple times the losses Sega ever did with DC.

2)I thought after the disappointments of Lair & Heavenly Sword people would be more cautious before deeming unproven games AAA before release, guess I was wrong.

1...actually the ps3 is still on the same track as the 360 in its lifecycle..... its selling below average in japan i admit.. the gap between it and the wii is closing as of recent which actually does mean somethin if you read between the lines......

2...I admint i was one of the people who hyped lair and heavenly sword... but why wouldnt I??? For what possible reason would i want  a game to Flop for a system i own???.. but when i think about it now why would those two games be AAA system sellers??? why???? No reason at all.. not even BioShock did that for the 360.... its very rare that a New IP becomes a system seller... Gears of War Did it.. but the timing was perfect for it.. which is why the timing is perfect for MGS4 Killzone GTA and all the other games named by the other guy... .. last time i checked none of those games were unproven exept Wardevil and LBP

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

GranTurismo said:
The ipod is a fad and its still around.

To do the amazingly modest thing and quote myself:

HappySqurriel said:

I've been on the inside track of several fads in the past and I can honestly say that people who use 'fad' as a negative thing for the Wii (implying that it will suddenly stop selling) really don't understand what a fad is or how it works.

Generally speaking, all fads which are centered around teens and adults are basically the wide spread adoption of an item or activity by the general public that had previously only been enjoyed by a sub-cuture. Even though the general public's adoration and attention on a fad seems short lived (typically 24 to 48 months) the popularity of the item or activity tends to extend for a long period in time in both directions; even after the fad has died down (and it is no longer the in thing) it generally remains somewhat popular.

Basically, a fad has several stages of progression

1. Core Subculture ('core gamers')
  2. General Subculture ('gamers') and trendy early adopters
  3. Connected subcultures ('Casual Gamers')
  4. General Public
  5. Late Adopters

If the Wii is a fad you would expect that it would be in stage 1 and (possibly) moving into stage 2 at the moment, most of 2008 would be in stage 3, 2009 and 2010 would be stage 4 and then 2011 and 2012 would be stage 5 ...

dtewi said:
I'm not sure if you were sarcastic or sincere Gran Turismo.

well atleast he used his mind to post instead of DGM

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

@URnotME

Killzone was a pretty average game, its definately not a proven AAA series.

Around the Network

Hype can make things seem better than they really are.

Killzone.

Hype.
Deemed Halo killer.
Flop.

Why will Killzone 2 be any different?

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Rath said:
@URnotME

Killzone was a pretty average game, its definately not a proven AAA series.

To alot it was an average game... but to alot of other people  it was one of the best games in the world...so thats just your opiniion just like this is mine... but theres no denying that this game has a huge following of fans...theres no denying it... not as big as halo but nevertheless....

PSNTAG= Xander732

Dolla Dolla said:

PlayStation 3 can still win ... 2nd place.

Yes ... yes it can.

That's almost like first loser. Hrm.

dtewi said:
Hype can make things seem better than they really are.

Killzone.

Hype.
Deemed Halo killer.
Flop.

Why will Killzone 2 be any different?

selling two mil isnt a flop.. but compared to halo yes it is..

PSNTAG= Xander732

No, I'm pretty sure Killzone was an average game. Screw opinions of people. Some people think PS3's 2008 line-up is horrible. If we go by your logic, it is horrible.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you