By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation 3 can still win.

If the PS3 was dead in the water it wouldn't be selling and Sony would be giving up (like SEGA). The $399/€399 PS3 will have a BIG effect for the holidays and the £299 one PLUS a 60GB price drop here in the UK will also have big effects PLUS the great games that are coming out.
More to the point the PS3 winning isnt as unlikely as people think: if and i say "IF" the Wii is a fad and suddenly stops selling then in JPN all the sales will go to PS3 in EU/PAL most of the sales will go to the PS3 and in NA the sales will split between X360 and PS3 and this could still happen.
If MGS4,Killzone2,GTAIV,FFXIII,LBP,Wardevil,GT5 etc etc are all AAA titles(which they will be) and significantly boost hardware sales then it is also not impossible for the PS3 to come back and take No.1 its just very difficult for it but not impossible.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Around the Network

What bonafide said. I mean there is a book in Japan that apparently sold pretty well called "why the playstation 3 failed" multiple technology magazines in America called the PS3 a blunder, the average gamer thinks that sony screwed the pooch on this one. It will take more than a lower price, it will take alot of damage control, and the spinning of their entire image. Right now the Wii is a phenomenon, everybody wants one, and the 360 is touted as the hardcore gamers machine. The Ps3 is considered to be a blunder.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

mitsuhide said:
If the PS3 was dead in the water it wouldn't be selling and Sony would be giving up (like SEGA). The $399/€399 PS3 will have a BIG effect for the holidays and the £299 one PLUS a 60GB price drop here in the UK will also have big effects PLUS the great games that are coming out.
More to the point the PS3 winning isnt as unlikely as people think: if and i say "IF" the Wii is a fad and suddenly stops selling then in JPN all the sales will go to PS3 in EU/PAL most of the sales will go to the PS3 and in NA the sales will split between X360 and PS3 and this could still happen.
If MGS4,Killzone2,GTAIV,FFXIII,LBP,Wardevil,GT5 etc etc are all AAA titles(which they will be) and significantly boost hardware sales then it is also not impossible for the PS3 to come back and take No.1 its just very difficult for it but not impossible.

Thats alot of ifs.... But i agree Ps3 is not dead in the water like some are claiming...

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

The_vagabond7 said:
What bonafide said. I mean there is a book in Japan that apparently sold pretty well called "why the playstation 3 failed" multiple technology magazines in America called the PS3 a blunder, the average gamer thinks that sony screwed the pooch on this one. It will take more than a lower price, it will take alot of damage control, and the spinning of their entire image. Right now the Wii is a phenomenon, everybody wants one, and the 360 is touted as the hardcore gamers machine. The Ps3 is considered to be a blunder.

Exactly

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

If the price cut fails then it is all over. Not even the "domination" games will help. Just a massive spike.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

no way its dead in the water.

Microsoft is selling a console just as expensive but totally unreliable (RRoD)

and the Wii is just a fad that cant move any software other then the big Nintendo franchises.

$400 PS3 will outsell the RRoD this holiday season

@dgm6780

Wii IS NOT a fad.

I dont care at all if the PS3 is number 1 or not. All I need is Super Mario Galaxy.

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

The Wii fad arguement is pointless and retarded. I want to see some fucking proof you think the Wii is a fad.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Bonafide732 said:
The_vagabond7 said:

Exactly

I'll admit that their image is screwed up... but alot of their image comes from this internet fanyboyism crap... most casual gamers dont pay attention to this crap,,, ive been telling alot of people lately that the ps3 is about to drop to 399 and they didnt even know what i was talkin about .. they dont care how much sony is taking on each console sold.. thats all internet crap created by us.. only we care about that crap.... Ps3 has a bad image because it was high priced ... people like things that are cheap and good...im not saying 399 is cheap but its a hell of a lot better than 600.. Those people will recognize that as a good decision not a bad one..

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

azzer100 said:
But if you'd said the Wii would be in the lead one year ago you'd get the same "Not a chance in hell"

Not a year ago, but maybe 2

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"