By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation 3 can still win.

I know it may look unlikely at this stage but no way would I count it out just yet.

Ask most people on this site and they would say "Not a chance in hell"

But if you'd said the Wii would be in the lead one year ago you'd get the same "Not a chance in hell"

Also if you'd said the DS would be outselling the PSP again you'd get "Not a chance in hell"

Basically what Im getting at is that anything can happen. Its only been a year and sony still have their fans. Heck even Im going to get a PS3 one day (not just yet tho, too expensive and no good games)

And please dont jump down and throat and excuse me of trolling or being a fanboy because Im not. I have a Wii, 360, ps2, ds and Psp.

Its this self belief and arrogance thats often the downfall of a company. Atari, Sega, Nintendo and now sony are starting to show it

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

Around the Network

Not a chance in hell

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

yes it can.....yes it will

I agree. I am looking forward to buying the PS3 when it is a $200 BR player (you can already get them for around double that) that also plays sweet games! Heck, by then (2010?) I might even be tired of my Wii.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Neos said:
Not a chance in hell

Haha Neos. Id wondered how long it would take someone to say that. 1st post! :p

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

Around the Network

It can but I severely doubt it.

In other news, the Dreamcast can still win the 6th generation.

The difference is that the predictions for the Wii and DS were made before the systems' releases.

Now, almost one year AFTER release, the PS3 is dead in the water.

The console wars have already been decided.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

FreeTalkLive rocks! said:
I agree. I am looking forward to buying the PS3 when it is a $200 BR player (you can already get them for around double that) that also plays sweet games! Heck, by then (2010?) I might even be tired of my Wii.

Sony is taking huge losses right now, and will be taking bigger ones with their $400 (US) PS3/BR player.  If they manage to cost reduce it to $200 by 2010, it will have been through some manner of black magic.

only way the ps3 cant still win is if they change their image.. its the number 1 bashed console right now which is sony's fault for getting too arrogant.. which is why Kaz Hirai basically went to TGS to apologize to everyone and not announce too much new....Anyways...if they can change that then they will proably stand a chance.. but if everytime you think of the ps3 you think" Expensive" or maybe next year..then it stands no chance in hell.

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

If the rumoured price cut goes ahead and sales don't improve dramatically then I think it's all over, Sony simply can't afford to keep taking hits the way they have been.

Personally I just can't see a compelling reason for anyone to buy a PS3 over a 360. BR imo is too niche to really have a significant impact on sales and we all know the situation regarding software.

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.